AVIC411.com

**intermittent ATT pops up/stays on**

I only had this head unit installed for less than 5 days.I bought it brand new from an authorized Pioneer dealer. I never hacked it, or anything. I used the Metra Mito-2 harness in order to retain the factory Rockford Fosgate system.

Car: 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer

Harness: Metra Mito-2

It was working flawlessly for the 1st 3 days, then out of the blue the ATT function pops up on the top right corner of the screen and kills the volume. I have a factory hands free, but it isnt hooked up to any phone. A few hours later I get into the car, start her up and the stereo works fine (no ATT). A few minutes listening to the stereo, the ATT functioning pops up again (flickering) and then moments later stays on.

Someone H E L P !!!

That's a weird one for me....

Do you have any steering wheel controls hooked up?

Like most electronics....they often just need a reboot... I would try to do a full reset.... especially, if they never did one after the install..

Sorry for the less than intelligent answer... but I would definitely try a reset first...

It definitely doesnt need a reboot. I went through a thorough examination of the unit with the help of the tech people over at Pioneer (including resetting all the features). That didnt help..

There are no loose wires/connections. I triple checked..

Are you sure that the factory BT will cause this problem? Because even though I never disconnected the factory BT, I never used it since I never connected any cell phone to it..

I don't know it sounded like you had it connected to the unit somehow. If you do, disconnect it.

The factory BT is wired into the main harness before the Metra harness. I can physically remove the factory BT, although I want to make sure that its causing the ATT malfunction 1st. It would be a shame to lose the factory BT, if it wasnt the source of the problem.

I have my mute wire connected to the Axxes GMOS-Lan-02 (brown wire from Axxess to Mute Wire on Avic). The Axxess is designed to allow me to replace my factory stereo and retain my factory chimes, Onstar, and bose amplified speakers. When I press the button to start an Onstar request or function the radio ATTenuates the sources volume to reduce audio dramatically allowing you to focus on the Onstar function. I think when the Onstar is engaged the Axxess sends a signal to the Avic to apply ATT. Once the feature is terminated the regular volume comes back on. Either a faulty Axxess unit is sending a signal to the Avic's mute wire causing it to intermittently go into ATT mode or a faulty unit? I don't use Onstar that often so my plan is to just disconnect the Axxess brown wire from the Avic's Mute wire. Hopefully this test will shine more light. The expected behavior is the intermittent ATT will stop and if I utilize the Onstar feature I would need to manually put the source audio volume to low. I am using a common ground for both the SWI-PS, AXXESS, and AVIC but everything does appear to work so I doubt it weighs any impact on the issue. The last time I had this behavior was last week, but I am sure it will repeat itself.

I had to edit my response to add more, after reading the Operation Manual on pg. 161 it states "the navigation system will mute or attenuate the audio source volume when the signal is output via MUTE

lead. So certainly the wire can cause the reported behavior. I would suggest checking what is connected to the mute wire, if it is nothing I would tape it up real good to avoid it touching the chassis or other exposed wires.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

So as mentioned in the past post, I have had the same problem. The only thing different about whats going on with yours is, I have replaced the harness twice, and then removed the mute wire from the 3rd harness. Also I don't have a blue-tooth device so there is nothing connect on that end. I haven't used OnStar since 2005 which is way before this head unit was even invented. I have swapped the head unit out twice and also swapped out the steering wheel control module twice and not running it at all on the third unit and still it goes into ATT or Mute depending on which one I have selected (-20db or -10db or Mute) it seem like it has to be a heat issue that is causing it to go into what is apparently a protect mode ie Mute or ATT. Does anyone know how to get into the service menu to adjust the internal fan speed and fan turn on temp? I wonder if Pioneer knows about this apparent issue. Please send me any ideas or info......