AVIC411.com

Data.zip edit in AVIC?

I have searched already but I could not find anything that said how to get into the data.zip file while its in the AVIC. How can you edit it or copy into it while it is in the radio? All I want to do is add to the exiting file, but the location of the info I am adding goes into a certain folder in the data.zip. Do I still have to pull it off the avic and work on it on my pc? Can you add winrar to the WinCE?

I have searched already but I could not find anything that said how to get into the data.zip file while its in the AVIC.

You cant.

You sorta can... Total Commander can open up ZIP files and do basic text editing, but you really don't want to. With no keyboard and very limited memory and CPU resources, it is quite painful.

ok thanks, all I really want to do at this point is to add 2 new buttons I made for the Navi Voice Guidance MUTE mod. I just want to put the two new BMP's into the correct folder and overwrite the others. Basically copy and paste, its just that you can't see the folder tree within the data.zip

It would be a lot easier to just copy the data.zip to your computer, extract it with winrar, make your changes, and then compress it back to .zip and install it back into your Avic. It really is quite simple and fast.

Yeah I know. That is what I ended up doing. My garage is literally about 75 yards of more from the house so its a pain to run back and forth especially for 2 silly bmp's. Its cool. As it turns out it didn't work anyhow. The icons for the mute button are stuck in there once you add them so I haven't been able to change them, even though I have overwritten the data.zip a couple times, it still finds the original ones for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

no I never checked there. Would they show up on screen during the day? I did end up fixing my issue by reinstalling my whole Flashdisc since I got no anwser. Then I added the buttons I wanted in there and all is good now. Thanks for the FYI on the 'night folders'.