AVIC411.com

Z120BT on Sale (Deal from al eds is now dead)

hey quarky

I read some guy's story on this forum and it was basically a nightmare scenario. Radio didn't work after little while and like year later after sending it back and TONS of emails he was no where. I've learned through having a few bad experiences like that, you can't put a price on peace of mind. But you are right that is a good deal and even if it does break one day pioneer i think charges a flat $250 to repair it

I got my unit from ebay for around $800 brand new and the guy included the original Al & Ed's sales receipt. I've talked to pioneer just to test this out already (obviously not mentioning the ebay part) and they did not have a problem. To me this isn't that big a deal anyways since a year goes buy pretty quick and my gut tells me if it does break it will be after a year anyways :lol:

Yep, I don't disagree with any of that at all... just trying to share how I save money and get piece of mind at the same time. A defective unit could happen, but the chances off it are pretty low. Thanks for pointing out how much Pioneer charges for repair... I was not aware. That is a pretty good deal still: $980 + $250 for repair is still better than retail...and there is a good chance you won't need a repair.

Experience has taught me that you aren't likely to go through all of that with every item you buy, but it could happen once in a while, so never buy the "retail" extended warranty as they are way more expensive for far less years of coverage. On the other hand when you can buy an extended warranty that is less than 1/10th of the cost of the unit and get covered for 4 extra years, then go for it as some cheap insurance.

Also, some eBay sellers are better than others.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey quarky,

Everyone one has the right to decide what works for them. The fact remains that buying from an ebay store or un-authorized stores voids warranty from Pioneer.

If I can buy additional warranty for 70 dollars then for 1170 I will have 6 years for warranty , 1 from Pioneer and 5 years from the other source. I think the additional 20 dollars is well worth it.

All of the pioneer's authorized dealers have been around for much longer than 2004 and have established car audio business with a huge customer base.

There have been some very smart / cheeky ebay dealers who brought a bunch of Z110BT from al-eds when Pioneer had the 200 dollar mail in rebate on those units. Used multiple addresses to collect the rebates and are now selling the units on ebay for a profit of 100 dollars.

As always the age old adage holds good Buyers beware.

I've been screwed more times by local retail businesses than by internet sellers, though I admittedly have been very careful about who I choose to buy from online. The only problem I had on ebay was from a 0 feedback seller. My bad. I should have known better.

You are right, everyone has a right to choose for themselves and hopefully now they are informed about both sides and can choose what is right for them.

One minor correction: Any RepairMaster extended warranty starts from the day you purchase the item. So really a 5 year is a 4 year extension.

The whole idea of "authorized" dealers is bunk, in my opinion. Authorized Dealers keep prices artificially high. I am shocked to find an online dealer offering the unit for $1100 with free shipping. That is just my opinion though and I won't go into more detail as to why I think it at the moment....not wanting to rant.

al-eds.com says they are an authorized dealer...then again I've seen authorized dealers sell on eBay before. Buy.com is an authorized dealer for a lot of things and a lot of it you can buy on eBay.

EDIT: I see now where they show up on Pioneers website...at first I didn't see them because I did a search on the page for ed-als but they just have their logo on the Pioneer Authorized Dealer website. Just be aware that any authorized dealer that sells below MAP is not likely to be authorized for ever.

Choose what ever way you want. I just wanted people to be aware that for ~$980 they could get the unit and if they were really worried about warranty issues they could purchase from a seller who has been around for 6 years and offers a 1 year warranty through them; Also they could buy an extended warranty for $70 which is still super cheap. I'll take the unit for $1050 with 5 years of warranty over the $1100 unit with 1 year warranty any day. If I have problem in that first year then I'll have to deal with it. 5 > 1 and much more likely to happen during the 5 years than during the 1.

I agree people have been made aware of their choices. All authorized pioneer dealers sell units less than MAP. For someone who claims to do his research you haven't done enough on this topic.

Enough said on this one. People from this forum can decide whats the best way to do.

Jay

I agree people have been made aware of their choices. All authorized pioneer dealers sell units less than MAP. For someone who claims to do his research you haven't done enough on this topic.

Enough said on this one. People from this forum can decide whats the best way to do.

Jay

Jay, I didn't mean to step on your toes. I intended to simply present an alternative viewpoint and I thought I made sure to point out that I didn't think your viewpoint was bad. However, you come across very negatively almost like you are looking down your nose at folks that think differently than you.

"For someone who claims to do his research you haven't done enough on this topic." -- rude and out of context from what I said, for example.

I didn't mean to pee in your cheerios.

Jay

Jay, I didn't mean to step on your toes. I intended to simply present an alternative viewpoint and I thought I made sure to point out that I didn't think your viewpoint was bad. However, you come across very negatively almost like you are looking down your nose at folks that think differently than you.

"For someone who claims to do his research you haven't done enough on this topic." -- rude and out of context from what I said, for example.

I didn't mean to pee in your cheerios.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest with anyone however I stand by what I said. You did mention in your post, that dealers selling at less than MAP would no longer be Pioneer dealers for long. If you had done your research better before making that statement you would have found every single dealer of Pioneer offering prices less than MAP for a long time eg 6ave, cartoys etc. I was referring to that statement when I said that you haven't done your research.

I came across this great deal and I posted. Guests and forum members can decide for themselves the pros and cons of buying on ebay or from a dealer. I know my reasons for going with an authorized dealer.

1) No hassle return policy.

2) Great price ( 20 dollars more than the ebay price)

3) No hassle warranty from Pioneer.

4) Great support from my dealer.

5) New unit. No doubts about tampering / fraud etc

I am sure you have your reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Which dealers have listed prices less then MAP?

Hey, I bought mine from Amazon.com last week The MRP was $1,395.00 less 30% off with discount code they emailed to me. Got it for $976.00 , no tax , free shipping , plus I can get the $100.00 pioneer rebate.

Amazon is a authorized pioneer dealer, 30 return policy.

They just sent me another code if anybody wants it # HWP2ULAW

Which dealers have listed prices less then MAP?

Amazon is a authorized pioneer dealer, 30 return policy.

They just sent me another code if anybody wants it # HWP2ULAW

No they are not. You will not be eligible for the rebate.

No they are not. You will not be eligible for the rebate.

Well I stand corrected. For the longest time they were not listed as a dealer and several people here were denied their rebates after buying from Amazon. I guess Pioneer finally decided to open them as a dealer. Good find.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my Avic-Z120BT and the ipod cable off Aamzon for less than $800 after the rebate.

Use code UIBMC8UY to get 30% off pioneer stuff. They also have another special to take 10% off when you purchase 2 pioneer items, then the $100 rebate on top of this.

Here's a screen shot of the 10% off page.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:oY4qz6fHReQJ:www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26plgroup%3D5%26docId%3D1000527911&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us