AVIC411.com

A Wife Needs help for Father's Day Gift

Hey all, I am new here and have no idea where to start.

Da Hubby has a 2003 Ford Expt Eddie Bauer. It has a factory ford radio with 6 disc cd player that also works the dvd rear entertainment system via the steering wheel, the actual unit itself and the controls in the back where the children sit. Problem is..... IT has stopped working and has been like that for a while. The only thing that works is the radio.

I'm looking to have a new unit installed for him as a surprise for Father's Day but have no idea what to get. He doesn't need GPS nav cause he's got one of those. I'd like the new unit to fit directly where the old unit is and I'd like it to have streaming bluetooth, ipod control (or MP3 control) and it is important that the unit continues to work with the rear dvd entertainment stuff that is equipped in the car.

ANY ASSISTANCE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks SugaBooga

Welcome SugaBooga, You will need to look at Pioneer's line of AVH receivers. Below is a link to the site with the options they offer. There are options with optional Bluetooth and options with built in Bluetooth. Do not consider the options with optional Bluetooth. They offer a BT option that is far outdated and will not work fully with most modern phones. The option with built in BT are the ones you should be looking at. Next is the factory DVD integration. Although this is possible, it may be an issue for you if that actually component is defective and it may need to be replaced with the same or an aftermarket option as well. The last thing to consider is a competent installer. There are a lot of clowns out there and it is very easy to think cheap when it comes to install work but please always remember. If you go cheap, you may end up paying for it in the end. PM me your location and I will see what I can do about finding a competent installer in your area.

I have the AVH-P4200DVD and it's a pretty sick unit. There's a few videos up on Youtube if you want to do more research. It has a nice big 7" inch screen like the top dog Z110BT/Z120BT AVIC.

The only thing that I don't like is how Pioneer crippled the Bluetooth cell phone capabilities on it. It has no dial keypad feature to dial out with the radio, It does not allow you to view your phone book contacts on it. It is just very basic, only allows you to hang up/answer calls on it. The 3200BT which is the model below this one allows to do all that, which just makes no sense.