AVIC411.com

I just got my stereo installed and it will kind of randomly shut off and then turn back on. I'm not too sure its random though. It always shuts off when I'm playing music off my ipod touch 3rd Gen. It also seems to shut off when I'm playing it loud. I have a Mustang 2006 with the Shaker 1000 factory setup and just replaced the HU with the Z110.

Am I tripping something, or maybe it wasn't installed properly? The volume is at about 20-25. I will have to keep an eye on it and update with more info, but any ideas on what maybe causingg this?

I just got my stereo installed and it will kind of randomly shut off and then turn back on. I'm not too sure its random though. It always shuts off when I'm playing music off my ipod touch 3rd Gen. It also seems to shut off when I'm playing it loud. I have a Mustang 2006 with the Shaker 1000 factory setup and just replaced the HU with the Z110.

Am I tripping something, or maybe it wasn't installed properly? The volume is at about 20-25. I will have to keep an eye on it and update with more info, but any ideas on what maybe causingg this?

If it's only doing this with the Ipod...then I would have to question the IPod...

As VBlue often mentions...perhaps trying to restore to the latest firmware... And resync it... Or even try a different/borrowed IPod if you can...

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, Here's my first post. Many thanks already to the information I've gotten by being a lurker. But I'm bringing this topic to the top 'cause it's now relevant to me too.

My application is a Z-120BT in a 2006 Mustang GT that had the Shaker 500. I'm using the head unit to power four Pioneer four ohm 6" X 8" replacement speakers in the doors and rear deck. OEM sub's are still being powered by OEM amp's.

My story is similar to the original post. The unit reboots whenever my volume gets to between 20-25 (as low as 18 for bass-heavy tunes) for iPod and CD's. It also does it for AM, but the volume has to be up to 38. I didn't try it with FM. If I don't get the volume turned back down immediately after the head unit reboots, it will reboot again.

It is not an issue of the head unit being hot, as I can replicate the failure mode immediately when I start the car on a 50 degree day. Additionally, I have adequate clearance between the cooling fan and all wiring harnesses.

I called up Crutchfield about it and they think what I think: Once the draw becomes high enough, depending upon the source, the voltage drops to a point where the unit reboots. I soldered my power lead from the Pioneer harness to the PAC C2R-FRD1 adapter. I have nothing tapped into the 12V line that would cause an additional draw. I'm going to pull the unit and check to make sure that my solder joint is good. Other than that, the Crutchfield guy tells me I may have run a larger wire to the battery. That seems odd to me as the wire gage on the Pioneer harness is the same as what's on the adapter which is the same was what's upstream coming from the car.

So here's my question: Is this something inherent to Mustangs / Fords? Does this unit draw that much more than the factory head unit such that a condition like this would exist even if my soldering job is proper? This whole thing strikes me as quite odd. Crutchfield has offered to send me a replacement unit, but like any other car-related issue, I want start with the simple stuff first.

Any similar experience / advice would be most appreciated.

Best regards,

Steven