AVIC411.com

AVIC-N1, ipod and CD-100ii onscreen display ?

Found this board, nice resource to have.

I recently purchased a slightly used M3 that came with the AVIC-N1, a few Alpine amps, ADS components, XM radio adapter, Pioneer CD changer, JL sub, etc..... Pretty much everything but the ipod connection.

I did a little research and bought teh CD-100ii. I hooked it up today with no problems. Only issue I have is that it seems very minimal as far as using the onscreen display and navigating songs and bands on the AVIC. It seems like all I can do is see what band is playing, scroll through the bands/artists (or songs or playlists, how ever you have it set up) and only in succession. So there is hardly ANY information on the screen and you can't really see all the artists unless you scroll through them one by one.

Is there a setting on the AVIC that lets you view more info in a better menu for whats going on in the ipod?

I know the AVIC is old and most people would say to just throw it away, but I actually like it for what it is and don't want to invest money into changing it.

Thanks for the forum!

I have an 160GB ipod connected to my N3 and it's controls are pretty limited. I have over 100GB of music. It's all categorized by playlist, but it's still a pain to scroll through. The ipod interface on the N1 to N3 series is pretty dated. If you want quick access, you're better off using the ipod as the controller itself by buying apples A/V plug in for your ipod.

Just my 2 cents. I have the N2 in my car and I also have the 160gb IPOD. On the N2 the IPOD controls are very limited. Now I have the N4 in my truck and its awesome, much better controls for the IPOD including; playlists, albums, artists etc... and it even plays videos/movies ... Plus its bluetooth with my Iphone so I can talk through the truck stereo!