AVIC411.com

SRC button on AVIC n3 Shorting out

My Avic N3 has been having issues where I intermittently can't turn on or off the stereo or use certain controls, my theory is that the SRC button is shorting out as I can reproduce the exact behavior by holding down the SRC button and trying the same controls. If I lightly even touch the SRC button, the radio turns on and cycles through inputs as if I keep pressing the button. If I tap it a few times the problem will go away until I press the button in again.

I took the faceplate apart so I could just remove the SRC button, since I can rely on the on-screen button or remote, and removing the physical button (and the short) should resolve the issue where I can't use the on-screen button or remote control. Unfortunately, the buttons are surface mount and I have no experience with SMT. I was hoping at some point to just replace the switch, but not with SMT. I noticed some faceplates on ebay, but I'm not sure if there's any serial number or programming that has to be done to link a faceplate to my N3 or if it will just work. Anyone know or have any suggestions?