AVIC411.com

AVIC-N5 Preamp Voltage

I currently have installed in my Accord, an AVIC-N3. I just bought an AVIC-N5. I have a concern.

The specs on the AVIC-N3 from both the Pioneer site and the Manual say that the Pre-Amp Voltage is 2.2 V (1K Ohm). The manual for the N5 says that the Pre-Amp Voltage is 1.7 v (Pretty low), HOWEVER, the Pioneer site says that the pre-amp voltage for the N4 & N5 is 2.2 Volts (1k Ohm).

Has anyone actually tested the pre-amp voltage? 2.2 v is low enough, but 1.7 is pretty low.

I really don't want to have to spend more money on the Multi-Channel Processor (DEQ-p8000) but it does have a 5v pre-amp output. I do like good sound quality.

• 9 months later...

I went from a decent 4v kenwood deck to an N5 recently. with the N5 volume typically up to 30 i'm still not seeing any clipping on my preamp clipping indicator, and the final output coming from the speakers needed very little tweaking to get the same output as before.

that goes for the front outputs which go to preamps w/ line driver outputs and also the sub amp which plugs right to the deck. If you have decent equipment to hook up to the N5 it should sound great if tuned correctly.