AVIC411.com

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, Im not happy with Pandora. It seems like they play the same songs over and over and over again no matter how many channels you have. It also throws some odd songs into custom channels. For example, I have a Lil Wayne station and its playing Clearance clearwater whatever the hell they are called. As well as some rolling stone songs...

I am sure glad that when i am listening to my CCR( Creedence Clearwater Revival) station Lil Wayne dose not come on..... that might make me stop using Pandora and move on to slacker.

On the plus side ramman your getting to hear music from a time when music was good!

• 1 month later...

I just installed my x920bt yesterday and I've tried the PandoraLink app several times since then and it doesn't seem to load. It stays on the screen on the iPhone that has Pioneer on the top, some arrows in the middle, and "accessory" on the bottom. The unit's screen has the buttons showing, but they're darkened so you can't click them. Anyone know what's up or this just a common thing for it to "break in?'

I'm having the same issues as the last post mentions. I have tried opening pandora link first as some have suggested and it still isnt working? Do i need to open up the NORMAL pandora app, and THEN the pandora link? I'm confused and usually good at this type of stuff. I have the X920BT as well and an iphone 4. I contact Pioneer and their response doesnt work for me:

Their response (question is below): Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

The Pandora app does support the Apple OS4. Once the app has been downloaded from i-Tunes you would launch the amp before it is connected to the unit. After it has been launched then connected the Nav should have no problems recognising that feature.

Thank You,

Gill

Customer Service Representative

My question was this:

Inquiry:I just purchased the AVIC-X920BT and and iPhone 4. I am unable to get Pandora running on the AVIC-X920BT (i've installed the newest AVIC firmware) after numerous attempts and have been unsuccessful finding any info on the internet. Are these two units compatible? It seems like they were both released at the same time (pandora link and iphone 4) or is there an update that is necessary? I really want to use this feature, that is why i bought the X920BT but no matter what I try it shows "accessory" connected to Pioneer on my phone, but no channel info or audio shows on the unit. Please help and thank you.

My question was this:

Inquiry:I just purchased the AVIC-X920BT and and iPhone 4. I am unable to get Pandora running on the AVIC-X920BT (i've installed the newest AVIC firmware) after numerous attempts and have been unsuccessful finding any info on the internet. Are these two units compatible? It seems like they were both released at the same time (pandora link and iphone 4) or is there an update that is necessary? I really want to use this feature, that is why i bought the X920BT but no matter what I try it shows "accessory" connected to Pioneer on my phone, but no channel info or audio shows on the unit. Please help and thank you.

This combo works fine I just set mine up last night.

1: Install default Pandora app and set up account, test for operation

2: Install PandoraLink application

Then with BOTH apps closed, open PandoraLink on the iphone 4, the app will open.

Connect iphone to X920BT with ipod dock cable

Enjoy pandora on the X920BT from your iphone 4 with iOS 4.x

• 4 weeks later...

JUST had my 920 installed professionally and everything works perfectly but have 2 questions for you guys:

1). Using an iPhone 3Gs with iOS4 and latest Pandora app. When connected through iPod cables (3.5mm & USB to iPhone connector), Pandora sound works beautifully but I do NOT get the album cover art or artist/track info to show on screen. Plays fine but i have to use the iPhone to see everything. Any thoughts??

2). I wasn't aware that with Sirius radio, they do not broadcast station logos nor a clean "stacked" info screen for artist name, album title, track name, etc. (Instead, Sirius displays content as a single line that scrolls horizontally through all of the info). As I look through my user manual, the screenshots look as though XM does push logos, stacked content, etc. Sure wish the guys at the dealer would've told me as I had a clean choice to make between the 2 services but chose Sirius. Any know of a way around this to get artwork to show or is there simply no way other than to switch to XM?