AVIC411.com

PLEASE HELP ... SD CARD NOT DETECTED

Unit Description

Unit: F700BT US Version (using in UK)

FW: X Series 3.0201 update, Using this Thread (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32351)

I have upgraded from version 2 to 302.01 directly using the above thread instruction and image files.

Problem Description

Every thing is working fine. I have changed the maps of US to UK one and the navi is working good. MY biggest issue is this the unit can not detect SD card while in normal state. i.e playing

My unit can detect the SD card if used in test mode, and it can go into test mode. But when playing normal no matter what it does not dtect my SD cards. I have formatted SD card with Fat 32 also i have been through different threads explaining what types of files F700 can play. I am only putting mp3 and avi files. But the unit is not detecting the card and it SD card icon is dead in AV sources.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

Regards

Shaz

How big is the card you are using? I can't remember exactly, but I think the SD card reader is size limited. You might want to try a different card too.

Thanks for your reply.

I am using 2 GB capacity SD card.

I will try 1 GB one to see if it works

Regards

Shaz

I have found an odd behaviour which MAY be your prob as well. I found that my F500 would not see and SD if I inserted it BEFORE switching it on. Obviously, all I do is pop in the SD just before hitting AV. It drove me mad at first and I went on a crusade to find out what the problem. Hopefully, yours is same reason.