AVIC411.com

Hack/mod for AVH-P series

Hi All -

I've been lurking the forums for some time, debating to get an Avic since christmas. I know this particular post might not belong here, I just don't know where else to put it that it would be seen...

I just got an offer for a killer deal on an AVH-P3200bt. He wants around $350 for it, so although it's a good price it's still a bit of cash. I'm wondering if there are any/as many hacks or mods for the P series are there are for the F series. I don't see a section on the site, and the only searches that come back are for resizing backgrounds to fit the aspect ratio appropriately or the handbrake bypass (which is great, but I don't have any intention of watching a movie while driving.)

Is this as widely cracked a platform as the f-series? Is there a lot you can do with it?

Mostly what I'm looking to do is keep/maintain updated GPS maps, control my iphone as a phone/ipod through either BT or usb, and pick up traffic reports (but I can do that on my iphone over the net - will screen splitter let me control the iphone UI?). The option to load custom launchers (like road runner or something similar) would be ideal, but if the stock UI does 90% of what I need i'll probably be happy.

Any suggestions? Also, can anyone report whether they're happy with the stock BT mic/response? Anyone tried it in a convertible by any chance (with the top /up/...)

Thanks everyone. Appreciate your input.

• 1 month later...

Tell us why you choose to pay tons of cash on a mac than building your own pc? and please don't say its because it has better video/picture editing of better multitasking lol we all know thats a load of $h%t :wink:

but on a real note, I'm just messing with ya lol pretty much every person I talk to who owns a mac doesn't have a clue on how to build/repair a computer. They just think if they pay the high price value they get the best and that's it which is dumb. But not all window users are smart too. Any one who buys alienware's, dell's etc.. are just fooling their self.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep looking for a better price if you want that model. I just got one from Amazon for around $240. They had a 30% off sale on select Pioneer gear and an addtional promo ending July 31, but there's still great deals if you beat the bushes. If you check out the link below in the Element Owners Club, this guy in Laredo says they sell them locally for $269 (he is not selling them and does not mention the name of the seller, he's looking at one like you). I've only had mine a few days but it's well worth the money and sounds great. In answer to one question, you can change the background with an SD card, but that's all the unit will store. I have T-Mobile with a Samsung phone. It linked right up but it only transfers the first number listed under each person, in my case the Samsung program has a person's cell number first, home next, then business. Apparently I'll have to rename the second and third numbers, download again to the AVH, then resave my old phonebook from T-Mobile. The GPS module is now available (Pioneer AVIC-U220) and goes for around $300. One word of advice, buy the optional magnifying glass, or download the manual from Pioneer's website!

If this link doesn't work, look in the Mobile Electronics forum, General subject, AVH posts, on ElementOwnersClub.com, it's the post Pioneer vs. Sony.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums ... hp?t=63274

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...