AVIC411.com

is there suppose to be a separate power antenna wire for the x920bt. i have the f90bt right now and i was going to try and use the same wire harness and while comparing it seems that there is a system remote wire but no separate power antenna wire. i have a car with a rear window antenna and need this function.

how would i go about installing the new harness should i splice the power antenna and amp remote wire to the system remote wire (white-blue)?

The system remote wire sends the turn on signal to the amp. If you have an antenna with a separate power source that is just looking for a signal that the car is turned on you can use it for that too.

Unless I am mistaken the wire harnesses between the F series and the x920bt are different. Someone like VBlue42 would know for sure.

I just finished installing my x920bt today. There isn't a separate wire for the power antenna. I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how I was missing a blue/white wire somewhere. I finally ended up just splicing both the power antenna and amp remote wire to the system remote wire. The manual also shows both being hooked up to the system remote wire, but on different pages so it's a little confusing. I'm not sure why they'd make this change, but I guess functionally it'll be the same other than sending power to the antenna when using non-radio sources.

I ran into the same issue. The X920Bt only has a blue and white remote wire. I have a 09 STI that has a powered antenna and I also have some subs and an amp.

According to the manual, you cant have to much sucking off that blue/white wire. Somewhere in the manual, it says something about 300 max. I dont remember off hand what exactly it was, but i think its mentioned on page 15 of the manual.

At any rate, my radio reception SUCKS! Ive tired the b/w wire off the X920Bt to my powered antenna ONLY and while it works, my reception has a lot of static.

Running my amp off the X920Bt Blue and white wire, WITH the powered antenna works the same for me too. FM reception still sucks!

I even tired running my powered antenna off a 12v acc wire and it still sucks!

Why does FM reception suck so bad on this deck? I had a D3 installed in this car before and it worked just as good as my stock radio reception.

Dam!