AVIC411.com

avic f90bt endless reboot troubleshoot?

I know there are other threads on this issue but had a question about troubleshooting the problem. I had no problems but it first started when I put in the SD (with music). It locked up and started the endless reboot. Now when I have it in park it works perfectly fine. When I take off and drive after I hit 20-30mph it reboots. I just put my old AV unit back in.

Yesterday I decided to mess with it so I installed everything again. I have the green and black wires connected with the yellow to bypass the brake/video issue. Same issues. So I pulled out the gps anttenna and it works and doesn't reboot. Anyone have any idea what's the problem? Apparently it's something with the gps/map software? What's the latest software update? Or the latest winME?

I'm downloading 3.1 /2009 map updates and going to install it and see what happens. Any help/feedback would be appreciated!

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Works great!

Also!

Be sure that your wiring is correct! If your head unit shuts off when the ignition key is turned to the "start" position,

you have it wired wrong! The key-on/acc wire (yellow?) must go to a source that is hot when the ignition key is

turned to acc, on AND start! The reason is simple...computer files are corrupted when power is pulled from a

booting operating system!