AVIC411.com

Pioneer iPod Cables Purchased On eBay

There have been numerous redundant post on this forum of people buying iPod cables on ebay in an attempt to save some money. This forum is riddled with these redundant post and unfortunately the answer is almost always the same. The first thing you should do is pull your parking brake or perform the bypass on the unit to remove the motion lockout for video. Please search the Hacks & Mods section of this forum for the bypass instructions. If that doesn't work your problem is almost guaranteed to be the cable you have purchased. The fact is, most cables bought on ebay are not authentic Pioneer iPod cables but are cheap, counterfeit, knock offs shipped from China. These cables range in price from 1 dollar to about 80% of what the authentic cable would cost you if you bought it in the first place. These cables also often claim to be authentic Pioneer cables but the reality is that they are actually counterfeit and simply do not fully work as intended and there is no way to tell that by looking at them. Often you don't know you have been had until you have bought the cable and it does not work. The biggest problems with these cables are when trying to use them to play iPod video. The quickest way you can tell is if you can acquire an authentic cable and try it. If the problem you are having goes away then you know you have a knockoff cable. This thread is being created to reduce the amount of frustration it causes the senior members of this forum to keep having to provide the same answer over and over again when new members come to this forum for help after making this mistake. From now on, if a new thread is created involving this problem, a link to this thread will be the response. The cable you need for the F series is the Pioneer CD-IU230V or the Apple Composite AV cable. The only way to be sure to get an authentic Pioneer cable is to purchase it from an authorized dealer or a dealer you trust and have done business with before.

Thanks. I almost bought one of those $1.00 cables. I am new to my F700BT and was quite surprised that the USB on the unit was not capable of playing the Ipod without yet another Pioneer cable. I thought out of the box thats what the USB cable was for.

I checked Bestbuy and the cable is $59 bucks but ebay does have some US suppliers with the real deal for $14.xx

Thanks again!

Thats still too cheap and likely wont work. Just remember the US ebay merchants get those cables from the same places in China. Is it worth the trouble to buy the cable to then find out it doesn't work and have to buy the genuine cable anyway? Again, buy the cable from a dealer of some kind. Even an unauthorized dealer will likely have the real cable.

Thats still too cheap and likely wont work. Just remember the US ebay merchants get those cables from the same places in China. Is it worth the trouble to buy the cable to then find out it doesn't work and have to buy the genuine cable anyway? Again, buy the cable from a dealer of some kind. Even an unauthorized dealer will likely have the real cable.

THanks for the tip!. I think I"ll pick one up at the local Bestbuy..

I went to best buy to get the cable for my F700bt and they gave me CD-IU50V. I came here to see why it wasn't working and I found this thread. Thanks for the heads up. Now to take it back and try to get the right one.

well they WERE close... just not correct

:mrgreen:

I know what it stands for. Merchants claim that just to fool people that there getting something that there not. Most of the cables I warn against on ebay also claim OEM and that there assembled in ISO certified manufactured facilities. This is all BULL. And there is no such of a thing as an OEM Pioneer product. Its either made by Pioneer or its a knock off and likely wont work the way it is suppose to. Good luck to you though.

Hey I know where your coming from man. I know you have good intentions and just looking out for us but lets not lose sight of the fact that it's JUST A CABLE. I mean it's not like were dealing with some sort of highly sophisticated piece of electronic equipment. I"m sure a blind monkey could put a cable together right half the time. LOL!.

There's also the Risk/Cost factor here too and I think for $10 bucks via Amazon that's a pretty low risk and worth a shot. Worse case I send it back. I"m sure Amazon will stand behind their products and no biggie either way because I'll just go buy the cable locally.

I can't help but be reminded of the whole HDMI Monster Cable Fiasco not that long ago when the industry suckered people into thinking they had to pay $80-100 dollars for an HDMI cable when they bought a TV from their local Bestbuy, circuit city, etc. People paid it too. I"m sure some felt it was worth the money and now look. That gravy train is over. They can't fool people with that today since most people can buy them all day long for $9 bucks and have it work just as good as any other cable out there.

Thanks man!

Best regards

B.

Just be aware that none of those cables you pointed to are actually sold by Amazon. There sold by Amazon merchants which have there own return/exchange policies.

True, I checked the one I bought from and they had really good feedback from buyers. That and their not in CHINA!. :lol: