AVIC411.com

Pioneer iPod Cables Purchased On eBay

There have been numerous redundant post on this forum of people buying iPod cables on ebay in an attempt to save some money. This forum is riddled with these redundant post and unfortunately the answer is almost always the same. The first thing you should do is pull your parking brake or perform the bypass on the unit to remove the motion lockout for video. Please search the Hacks & Mods section of this forum for the bypass instructions. If that doesn't work your problem is almost guaranteed to be the cable you have purchased. The fact is, most cables bought on ebay are not authentic Pioneer iPod cables but are cheap, counterfeit, knock offs shipped from China. These cables range in price from 1 dollar to about 80% of what the authentic cable would cost you if you bought it in the first place. These cables also often claim to be authentic Pioneer cables but the reality is that they are actually counterfeit and simply do not fully work as intended and there is no way to tell that by looking at them. Often you don't know you have been had until you have bought the cable and it does not work. The biggest problems with these cables are when trying to use them to play iPod video. The quickest way you can tell is if you can acquire an authentic cable and try it. If the problem you are having goes away then you know you have a knockoff cable. This thread is being created to reduce the amount of frustration it causes the senior members of this forum to keep having to provide the same answer over and over again when new members come to this forum for help after making this mistake. From now on, if a new thread is created involving this problem, a link to this thread will be the response. The cable you need for the X920 is the Pioneer CD-IU50V. The cable you need for the X910/710 series is the Pioneer CD-IU230V or the Apple Composite AV cable. The only way to be sure to get an authentic Pioneer cable is to purchase it from an authorized dealer or a dealer you trust and have done business with before.

• 8 months later...

FYI....Amazon.com does carry the real Pioneer cables, including the CD-IU50V cable (X920BT), but you won't find them for $10 or under....I purchased the CD-IU50V and it was $35.41 (no tax and free shipping) and it works great! They also carry the PAC Steering Wheel Interfaces and PAC Stereo Interfaces as well....I bought the iPod cable, PAC SWI-PS and PAC TATO-01 and the whole order was only $131, based on the MRSP's listed I saved around $150!

• 4 months later...

which is better the apple composite? or the regular pioneer one. i had the regular pioneer one and it was defective so the place replaced it with the PAC one. problem is with mine x9115bt is that the usb logo is always appearing and im always having to restart my head unit or restarting my ipod. problem is i can be doing it 5 to 6 times until the ipod reads. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

question and sorry if i keep bothering you guys but the closest apple store is 45 minutes away...and all the local stores like best buy and walkmart dont have the apple AV cord. but the do have the generic version of the cord by dynex and etc. are these just as good or should i def get the apple only. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...