AVIC411.com

Pioneer iPod Cables Purchased On eBay

There have been numerous redundant post on this forum of people buying iPod cables on ebay in an attempt to save some money. This forum is riddled with these redundant post and unfortunately the answer is almost always the same. The first thing you should do is pull your parking brake or perform the bypass on the unit to remove the motion lockout for video. Please search the Hacks & Mods section of this forum for the bypass instructions. If that doesn't work your problem is almost guaranteed to be the cable you have purchased. The fact is, most cables bought on ebay are not authentic Pioneer iPod cables but are cheap, counterfeit, knock offs shipped from China. These cables range in price from 1 dollar to about 80% of what the authentic cable would cost you if you bought it in the first place. These cables also often claim to be authentic Pioneer cables but the reality is that they are actually counterfeit and simply do not fully work as intended and there is no way to tell that by looking at them. Often you don't know you have been had until you have bought the cable and it does not work. The biggest problems with these cables are when trying to use them to play iPod video. The quickest way you can tell is if you can acquire an authentic cable and try it. If the problem you are having goes away then you know you have a knockoff cable. This thread is being created to reduce the amount of frustration it causes the senior members of this forum to keep having to provide the same answer over and over again when new members come to this forum for help after making this mistake. From now on, if a new thread is created involving this problem, a link to this thread will be the response. The cable you need for the AVIC D3 is the Pioneer CD-I200. The only way to be sure to get an authentic Pioneer cable is to purchase it from an authorized dealer or a dealer you trust and have done business with before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

ok i have done the bypass mod and i did purchase a pioneer CD-I200 i have full range of sound and it tells me that i have to use the ipod to run the video i got that but when i do so my ipod tells me i need to conect the video or something like that so i guess i need to get another cable i think my ipod is like 3rd gen it has the 120gb drive in it, sorry about beating a dead horse just wanted to make shure there is not something else i needed to do i would really love to use my ipod for video cause daddys got a crap load of movies on it, thanks for any help and sorry about the dead horse

WILL

• 1 month later...

I searched, and read this thread, and haven't found an answer to my problem, so here it goes.

I just swapped my N2 for a D3 since I wanted a DD and he needed a flip out for his new car.

i installed the D3 and my Ipod connector i had on my N2 for years now that worked on the N2, but i can't seem to get the D3 to recognize the ipod is even connected. When i plug in the ipod, it starts charging, but i can't get that output to turn on so i can actually play the music. Is there something I'm forgetting to do? BTW, the cable is the one that connects to the Ibus (the blue connector) not the IPOD connector on the back of the unit. Not sure if that is the cause. I figured it should work since it worked on my old unit.

Edit: I've been reading somemore, and i think I may have found part of the problem. I didn't ground the yellow/black wire at all. can this be the problem?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Why dont people just get a cheap ipod cable, jailbreak your iphone, install pop-up blocker, install resupported 4, install display out. Under resupported you need to make sure you set it to composite and not component.

If your not jailbroken or dont want to then you need Apple approved cables.

I'm trying to reinstall the D3 in my new truck. I have an iPhone4 (iOS5 freshly jailbroken) The $25 ebay 5V cable sounds much better than the $25 pioneer cable and $65 cablejive carcharge + extension kit (http://www.cablejive.com/cart.php?suggest=0).

What exactly am I going to get with the recommended $90 cable route? (I won't need to put it in airplane mode to avoid static? I'll get video out? I'll be able to use the steering wheel controls to skip songs in the "music" app, pandora, spotify, etc.)

I already have the PAC OS4 and the SWI-PS for the steering wheel controls. I'm trying to figure the cable situation for music

In the past, my main music source was my 80 GB Zune. I connected a Zune home dock to AUX1 (components) and hardwired a cigarette adapter -> USB behind the dash for power. It charged and allowed video on the Avic-D3, but bumps would always disconnect the Zune from the dock.

I'm trying to move to an iPhone setup (or iPod 5.5 if neccessary) for steering wheel controls.