AVIC411.com

Problem with Pioneer avh4200 ipod connection.

I just installed my pioneer avh4200 and when I hook up the ipod i receive an error 02-60.

I am using a generic cable instead of the $75 Pioneer cable. The cable works with the aux source

but not the ipod source.

Also the headunit came with like an usb extension, am I supposed to use this?

Also is the aux and usb from the ipod cable supposed to both be hooked up?

The unit so far is great but all I mainly use is my ipod so if I cannot fix this it is a big problem for me.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

ok so I figured out the ipod problem.

Apparently the ipod classics cant be controlled by the head unit.

But when putting the headunit back in my yellow wire came out and the headunit shut off.

Now when i touch the yellows back together it still does not turn on?

Did I blow a fuse? what should i do next?

WHy do you need the pioneer ipod cable? couldn't you just use the apple component cable with an RCA to 3.5mm jack adaptor to do the work? I'm asking this because that what I use on my F series before it crashed and burned and Pioneer only gave me the "bluebook" value of it, even though it was under warranty.

couldn't you just use the apple component cable with an RCA to 3.5mm jack adaptor to do the work? I'm asking this because that what I use on my F series before it crashed and burned

You mean the Apple Composite AV cable right? And in your case you probably could. Although I don't know how easy it would be to find an adapter of that type.