AVIC411.com

HELP me! "CAUTION: SCREEN IMAGE MAY APPEAR REVERSED"

hey guys, i just bought the a f700bt off of this guy on craigslist

when he show me, it was working fine...

all he show me was the radio and map.. it seem to be working

so i bought it off of him

and when i got home got it install in my car, turn it on

and this message pop up "CAUTION: SCREEN IMAGE MAY APPEAR REVERSED"

i tried clicking everything that i could see even the reset button..

i turn it off and back on and keep on trying

and finally i got in, everything seems to be fine.. it working and all

but everything you turn it off and back on the message "CAUTION: SCREEN IMAGE MAY APPEAR REVERSED"

keeps on popping up..

i google it and found this site

i have read some of what others have posted up

and let me tell you.. nothing seems to make any sense to me..

i have tired to go into system setting, but everything is black.. its not in color and i cant push anything

i cant even get into the system setting or navi setting button.. they black.. or not in color

i have tried reseting it, taking out my battery, and holding down the reset and eject button

what can i do to get thing fix??

or do i have to send it to pioneer?

and by the way, i dont have a back up camera if it makes a difference

thanks for your help

anyone here know anything about this???

i have been looking around and see that people have did some hacks/mods to it

but im not sure if that will help.. and also the files, i cant download..

anyone here might have them???

TestMode 2.3

x910 Backup FIles

I had the same problem... seem to of started after i updated the software on my ipod for some reason... it just started two days ago... i had software 2.0... it didn't do this when i had my key in the low voltage position in the ignition but once i turned it to on and started the car, the screen would just go blank and give me that message... what i did was just update the software to 2.008 and it fixed the problem... no longer does it...

anyone here know anything about this???

i have been looking around and see that people have did some hacks/mods to it

but im not sure if that will help.. and also the files, i cant download..

anyone here might have them???

TestMode 2.3

x910 Backup FIles

You have two problems here. The reason you cant access your settings is because those features are locked out unless you pull your parking brake. The second issue you are seeing is because the back up camera polarity is switched so that the unit thinks your vehicle is in reverse instead of park or drive. All you need to do is pull your parking brake and put your vehicle in reverse and the screen should appear normal. Then access the settings of the unit and switch the back up camera battery polarity from what it is set to right now.

You have two problems here. The reason you cant access your settings is because those features are locked out unless you pull your parking brake. The second issue you are seeing is because the back up camera polarity is switched so that the unit thinks your vehicle is in reverse instead of park or drive. All you need to do is pull your parking brake and put your vehicle in reverse and the screen should appear normal. Then access the settings of the unit and switch the back up camera battery polarity from what it is set to right now.

okay, so after i have updated the firmware, the screen issue is gone..

its not the parking brakes because the car is currently not drivable, so the parking brakes are up.

and i have tried putting it in reverse but it doesn't make a difference.

i have also tried putting the parking brake down and up again, but it dont make a difference