AVIC411.com

Seperate A/V inputs, is it possible?

On my old Alpine CVA1005 I was able to watch any sort of video input (DVD, PS2, etc) and be able to listen to another audio source (CD, FM, AUX input, etc). Is there a way to make the F90BT do this as well? I'd like my passengers ;) to have the option of a video playing so I dont have a blank screen or the navi, but be able to listen to some sort of audio input.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus....I just choked on my milk from your answer! Progress!!

So, if it's possible, now hopefully someone will figure out how to make it work on the F series. Not that I need it, but it'd be nice to have the option. Thanks.

I got the F90BT, a bezel for my X5, the PAC controller and everything for $600. As I said, I don't need the option, but I'm not going to complain if someone figures out how to take it from another Pioneer unit and make it work on the F. I didn't need 3.1 either, but it's like a whole new stereo to me now. As for fhe F not being in my interest...I already own it, so what kind of advice is that?

As for fhe F not being in my interest...I already own it, so what kind of advice is that?

many people have bought the wrong unit that does not meet their needs and end up re-selling it to buy one that does, this is not bad advise, this is a valid option.

Sounds like a software thing

no this really sounds like a hardware thing, the unit has to be able to select multiple sources at the same time (pre amp) and be able to send different audio to the different channels of the amplifier.

There is the answer I knew you'd say. You just couldn't hold it in, could ya.

well you did ask the question didn't ya

no this really sounds like a hardware thing, the unit has to be able to select multiple sources at the same time (pre amp) and be able to send different audio to the different channels of the amplifier.

If you look at the schematic for the AV board in the "f90bt_xs_uc_f900bt_uc_au" service manual (pages 128 and 129, specifically) you'll see the E-Volume device (the audio out selector and volume control device) can only output a single audio source at one time to the Front/Rear Left and Right channels. The possible exception might be the Navi voice output (a mono source on the Left channel with the Right channel grounded) where it may temporarily attenuate/mute the currently selected source.

So for technical reasons, there is no apparent multi-zone support based on the F-Series schematics, unless there is some way to program the E-Volume device to output zone 1 on the front and zone 2 on the rear channels (which if your harness is like mine, the front and rears expect the same source).

many people have bought the wrong unit that does not meet their needs and end up re-selling it to buy one that does, this is not bad advise, this is a valid option.

Honestly, for the price that I got my F90BT, it's perfectly fine for my needs. I've looked around on eBay before I bought this from another X5 owner, and the price difference vs the option differences isn't worth it for me to change it out. Eventually I want to get another in dash in my 740iL, but I have yet to be able to find a double-DIN bezel that will fit that car, leaving me to motorized single-DIN's at this point.

If you look at the schematic for the AV board in the "f90bt_xs_uc_f900bt_uc_au" service manual (pages 128 and 129, specifically) you'll see the E-Volume device (the audio out selector and volume control device) can only output a single audio source at one time to the Front/Rear Left and Right channels. The possible exception might be the Navi voice output (a mono source on the Left channel with the Right channel grounded) where it may temporarily attenuate/mute the currently selected source.

So for technical reasons, there is no apparent multi-zone support based on the F-Series schematics, unless there is some way to program the E-Volume device to output zone 1 on the front and zone 2 on the rear channels (which if your harness is like mine, the front and rears expect the same source).

I was with you, but then you lost me on the zone 1 front and zone 2 rear...does this mean with programming that it may be possible? I haven't seen other AVIC units in person that have seperate A/V, so I'd guess an option would need to be added to the GUI as well.

The only reason why I'd like this option is in my M5 I have the option of letting a friend play a game via the Wii while I can still listen to the radio, CD, etc. I know the Alpine CVA1005 is an old unit, but it's had a great history for me...no failed screen actuation, burnt pixels, etc. Dual inputs is the only thing that's kept me from putting some sort of gaming system into the glovebox of the X.