AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VBlue42 Comporations doesn't care much about customers if thats what your trying to say. I understand your a big fan but truly I believe that update should only cost us 50 to 100 dollars. They made this update for one reason only to sell and make big money out of a system you allready bought. Hell they should give us the new update for free as far I'm concern. A bunch of company does it, why pioneer can't do it. They still going to make big money selling the new z120bt itself.

Thats Why I'm a Gaming PC and Your a Mac. If you like to give money away good for you, but I don't like it not even bit.

My Mac would piss all over your 'gaming PC' and I didn't throw money away to build it. Just saying...

:lol::lol::lol:

VBlue42 Comporations doesn't care much about customers if thats what your trying to say. I understand your a big fan but truly I believe that update should only cost us 50 to 100 dollars. They made this update for one reason only to sell and make big money out of a system you allready bought. Hell they should give us the new update for free as far I'm concern. A bunch of company does it, why pioneer can't do it. They still going to make big money selling the new z120bt itself.

Thats Why I'm a Gaming PC and Your a Mac. If you like to give money away good for you, but I don't like it not even bit.

My Mac would piss all over your 'gaming PC' and I didn't throw money away to build it. Just saying...

:lol::lol::lol:

Righttttttttttttttt imaging your mac being faster than my 4 OCZ 1T ssd as raid 0 and the i7 890 overclock at 5.5 ghz with liquid cooling and unlimited cracked programs like maya and autodesk. Oh try to get vegas studio pro and photoshop cs4 on a mac lol. Do the math at the long run u spend more on slaved mac than pc any gaming pc. How much a decent mac will cost you in the mac store lol.

I just got a call from pioneer telling me they have a delay in getting these in. Now they are hoping to get them tomorrow or wednesday but they don't have a clue really :roll:

Nice of them to call me and explain the situation as the other person i called earlier told me they were shipping today lol. We'll see, this girl said it generally takes 1-2days to ship out once they get it which they have not yet...

Here is what I got from an email to Pioneer:

Hello,

We are expecting this item to arrive at Pioneer today or tomorrow, and it will ship within a day or two after it arrives. It will still be delivered within 2-days of shipment.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Have a great day,

Direct Sales

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

So we'll see...

Did Microsoft give you the upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. Again people, this is nothing new. No company gives you a new unit in software without you paying something for it. In this case, Pioneer basically has. Your paying for the maps and getting the new unit thrown in. If you compare Pioneer in this case with Kenwood, Alpine, Carion, or JVC, you will have to purchase the new unit to get the new features that you don't get with the model you just bought two months ago. Pioneer is the only one out of the in dash navi companies that is giving the opportunity to have the new unit for 200 dollars.

Yes, if you bought Vista within 2 months of Win 7 release they DID give you a FREE Upgrade, they also give you UPDATES and service packs free for as long as you own the software. Updates and service packs that add new features. My DirecTv and Cable boxes get free updates pushed to them which add new features. Look at the iPhone, you don't pay for updates not even to the multitasking OS4. That's why people complain.

Now I know they charge for the map updates, I have a Navigator and for updated maps Lincoln charges $200, as do most other manufactures and if you look at their forums people complain that the price is too high, and I understand why and then I don't. But I'm not saying Pioneer shouldn't charge, cause I don't think any of them should charge. I bought a product that requires updating every year so why force me to pay to keep it current.

Now the fact that it is a GUI upgrade I can understand a cost. See the problem is what we get for the cost, we are sent an update that we only use once and don't use anymore, when you start to overanalize like I do you think $200 I could by the new iPhone, a 24in flat screen tv, tires (lol). It's all in presentation the update is seen as just the code in your radio being altered. Not if this plugged into your radion through IP-Bus and had a button alot less people would complain (lol). Not trying to argue just wanted to point some stuff out, will I buy it more than likely, just not today. :lol:

Microsoft offered free upgrades to Windows 7 ONLY because they are partnered with manufactures who would have taken a hit in PC sales from people waiting for the new OS.

Microsoft DOES NOT make a habit of giving their software away, NOR SHOULD PIONEER.

Why do you think Pioneer was offering a $200 dollar rebate on their head unit . . . and now the upgrade price is $200. Doesn't take a rocket scientist people . . . they knew that word of the Z120 would get out, but they didn't want to take a hit in sales on the Z110.

We demand all these upgrades/modifications and then expect Pioneer to just give it to us free? Seriously?

IMO Pioneer did us a solid by not leaving us to rot on an old head unit. They breathed new life in the Z110 by providing a relatively cheap upgrade path to the Z120. They could have done like most other corporations and forced us to purchase a new HU for $1300+, but they did not.

I do agree it would be nice to purchase the upgrade the GUI software w/out having to purchase the maps (maps are decent for my area). But for what I am getting and for the due diligence that Pioneer has shown I am giving two thumbs up - Keep up the good work!

Many updates an SP are free, IE has always been free. I'm just saying they have alot of free software, most are UPDATES and or FEATURE ADDITIONS/ENHANCEMENTS. Just sayin' :roll:

Why would you want to convert your $1799 unit to a $1599 unit and had to pay for it? :D

Looks like Pioneer set me up for that $200 rebate so I could buy this update.

Do you guys know if Pioneer lower the price for past updates? I don't know if I should buy it right now or wait a bit for that update price to drop...

post-40892-12872762626623_thumb.jpg