AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

ok guys.. i just received the update SD cards today and finished updating my unit

Let me give you a quick tutorial on how to do it (just in case)

Go to the settings of the Z110 and write down your device number

Then you have to get the password for the update. You can do it here

https://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com/navigationupdate/

enter the media code included in the package along with the device number of your unit

WRITE DOWN YOUR PASSWORD IN A SAFE PLACE, YOU CAN ONLY GET IT ONCE

The main update takes 23 minutes

turn on your radio, let it boot up completely, insert SD card #1

it will ask you to do the update, enter your password you got from the website

wait 23 minutes... and VOILA! You have a Z120

keep the SD card inside the unit. It includes a bluetooth firmware update from 2.50 to 3.10

after rebooting, go to the bluetooth settings and do a firmware update. It takes approx 5 minutes

after bt update is down, power off vehicle

turn vehicle back on

take SD card #1 out and insert SD card #2

go to the bluetooth settings again and perform another firmware upgrade. This time from 3.10 to 3.11

wait 5 minutes or so and you are done.

ENJOY

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well frankly you are just missing the point and the thread is getting littered with this nonsense... so whatever you think was the reason behind all of this is fine, not looking to start anything... I was simply given my input on my update. For a Moderator I would like to think you would agree and stop the nonsense...

I agree with the frustration Captain feels as I have been getting a little tired of all crying myself. All of the nonsense is coming form all of the noobs that have riddled this thread over the last week whining about your tracking results on your upgrade that you feel you so desperately need yesterday. You guys are worse then all of the people that found out there getting their iPhones one ahead of everyone else. Seriously, you people need to calm down about this damn upgrade. Your getting the damn thing so let it go already.

I couldn't agree more. Kudos to Konrad999, only two posts on this forum and writes up a step by step guide to updating. That's called contributing, not posting to just whine.

Still anxiously awaiting a review, as I'm sure there be more in the next few days.

Well I finished one update.

The package comes with two SD cars, one the update for the maps/UI the other for bluetooth. Scant documentation. The SD1 goes fisrt and took 27 minutes to install. It saved my splash screen.

No documentation but I saw that the 120 manual is avaliable here but for two hundred dollars a manual would have been nice.

The BT took 5 minutes, paired with my new 4.0 iPhone np.

Tomorrow I will do my Porsche, my only problem is the radio shuts off after 5 minutes on it, so I will have to keep it running the whole time.

My quick impressions are as follows.

The iPod is decent, I didn't hate the old one..the coverart on the scroll is slow so far, perhaps it caches.

They cleaned up the HD Radio portion and looks better

XM is nice if a bit slow again on the scrolling.

The Nav has a weird 2D icon, I need to look at the manual and see what thats about.

That's the quick and dirty.

About 30 minutes for everything and was painless.

So who's going to crack it first? :D

Good luck with that, it's encrypted at the source and a specific code waiting on their server for a matched Device/Media 16 digit number.

Believe me. It can be cracked. No question/doubt about that.

In any case, I'll buy it as soon as I get my Z110BT tomorrow, since it's good to find out if the unit works etc before blowing another $200. I wish it were downloadable for $200 instead of waiting for it to ship... *sigh*

Well anything is possible but finding that person on this forum is going to be the challenge. And again, how many 2 GIG upgrades do you find on line anywhere?

Um. It's not unusual to find PC game demos approaching that size. I really don't see any reason why it's not available online. There's a lot of easy ways to approach it, like legitimate torrenting like Blizzard does with World of Warcraft patches etc.

And it's $200. Not much to ask to have it available for download.

ok guys.. i just received the update SD cards today and finished updating my unit

Let me give you a quick tutorial on how to do it (just in case)

Go to the settings of the Z110 and write down your device number

Then you have to get the password for the update. You can do it here

https://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com/navigationupdate/

enter the media code included in the package along with the device number of your unit

WRITE DOWN YOUR PASSWORD IN A SAFE PLACE, YOU CAN ONLY GET IT ONCE

The main update takes 23 minutes

turn on your radio, let it boot up completely, insert SD card #1

it will ask you to do the update, enter your password you got from the website

wait 23 minutes... and VOILA! You have a Z120

keep the SD card inside the unit. It includes a bluetooth firmware update from 2.50 to 3.10

after rebooting, go to the bluetooth settings and do a firmware update. It takes approx 5 minutes

after bt update is down, power off vehicle

turn vehicle back on

take SD card #1 out and insert SD card #2

go to the bluetooth settings again and perform another firmware upgrade. This time from 3.10 to 3.11

wait 5 minutes or so and you are done.

ENJOY

Perfect Instructions! Thx for the info! My upgrade was quick and painless! Thx again... :D:D:D

OK, upgraders, is it worth it?

My maps are a little off, but mostly fine for now. If I upgrade it will be for the ipod/iphone enhancements. I seem to be able to operate fairly well right now. The biggest new feature seems music sphere. How is it? Is it better than the genius feature? I do use Pandora, and it would be nice if songs were displayed, but I'm fine just letting it run for now. Yes I know the video is out for the z120bt, but its hard to know how much of an improvement it is, so I would like to hear from those who have used both.