AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

I finished the upgrade on my Porsche today, to think I paid 3k for a factory Nav to yank it out in dispair of how bad it really was is annoying even 5 months later.

The install went just as the one last night, I had to keep the car running as Porsche has a system which disables the battery after 5 minutes.

The good-

Pandora and iPhone 4 work perfectly. I have a Pandora One account and its fast, sounds good and is amazing.

HD Radio interface is much nicer

XM- Is good but a bit busy with all that's going on.

The ok-

MSN is the same

SDCard still does not support all the metatag info like album art.

The stupid ecosphere icon on the nav, when you go to disable it it launches into 2D.

The bad-

Why did they change the icons for source when in Nav view, they are ok but the old ones were nicer.

I think the ipod controls are too busy

Boot time did not get faster

Overall it was worth the upgrade and this is after a limited time of use. Your results maybe different.

That's it for me...see you in a year!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For anyone that has received your update; did you also receive an operations manual for the upgrade? I received the media number card and a yellow leaflet. The yellow leaflet makes reference to the Operations Manual Addendum, but i have nothing and I can't find anything on the Pioneer web.... any ideas?

Someone wanted to see a video and here is my first attempt at this before.

Thanks for the video! Just so you know you can scroll the track list on the right hand side when using your iPod etc. It's very fun. :) It looks exactly the same as the X920BT. I'm just having a hard time plunking down $224 (including tax and basic shipping) when I just got the Z110BT...

*sigh*

For anyone that has received your update; did you also receive an operations manual for the upgrade? I received the media number card and a yellow leaflet. The yellow leaflet makes reference to the Operations Manual Addendum, but i have nothing and I can't find anything on the Pioneer web.... any ideas?

its on pioneer's site dude http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 20BT?tab=D

just download it

I've tried scrolling on the right hand side playing ipod but i can't get it to work...

its on pioneer's site dude http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 20BT?tab=D

just download it

I've tried scrolling on the right hand side playing ipod but i can't get it to work...

Seriously? Can anyone else chime in on this? I know for a fact you scan scroll the music on the X920BT.

I cannot say for sure since I didn't upgrade from a 110BT --> 120BT via software...I purchased the 120BT as new. I am aware that you can scroll on the right hand side of the screen from the interface..(Price is Right Wheel)...But I noticed in this video posted earlier in the forum from someone who upgraded...It does not offer that feature..It is similar, but only offers an Up or Down arrow above and below the album art. It's not full touch/slide, but up down menu search while maintaining the album art. It may be that this was a deliberate situation from Pioneer. I was almost going to say the same thing when I saw this post about scrolling, but it appears that Pioneer left out or could not upgrade the right hand side scrolling as in the 920BT & 120BT..View the video..

Might wanna call Pioneer about this one if it is a major concern...or getting this question answered..

Peace ~ HFoM

I wonder if it's iPod dependent? Seems very odd that it would not work on the Z110BT upgraded to Z120BT. On the X920BT it would also show the track names on the right-side over those next/previous track buttons. And then you could scroll through them to pick the track you want.

Definitely looking for more confirmation of this. I will be VERY disappointed if this doesn't carry from the Z110 to Z120 upgrade. I really used this feature a lot on the X920. :(

I don't think that would be the case...It builds your library from the iPod and sets the menus up that way. What I do notice in the video also is that the "Scrolling" does show as he toggles from the Artist search back to the main iPod screen, so it clearly does allow the scroll...But I offer this..

I am not sure of the iPod situation in his case. It may be that this is the only song he had for this Artist so there isn't a (Song 1 of 10) to (Song 10 of 10) which is the sole reason for the scrolling whether it be for a full album or a playlist.

Sooo...Bottom line..If you are a "Single Song" type of person (Which I am not) there is no reason to scroll and the system won't do it because you don't have songs in a group. Maybe the people having the problem are the ones who are Single Song types. Also, I noticed he did not setup the MusicSphere yet....That allows scrolling too.

Maybe those people who upgraded can create a playlist or load a full album on their iPod and then come back with the results..

Peace ~ HFoM

I did my upgrade last night and I did notice a few things I did not like about the iPod interface:

1. You can no longer hit a single button for "Shuffle All". You have to start at the beginning and select ALL for Artist and then ALL for Album and the ALL for Song, then it will SHUFFLE ALL. Does anyone know a better way?

2. When you are listening to an song, example: Journey -> Frontiers -> Faithfully, and you want to select a different song off the menu (same album) to play, while Faithfully is playing, you have to hit ARTIST, ALBUM or SONG and it will flip the screen but then you have to find the ARTIST, ALBUM or SONG off your iPod again. The wonderful Price Is Right Wheel doesn't scroll on my iPod interface, it just selects the next song, like the keys on the unit. There is no back feature that I have found.

Other than that its cosmetically nice to look at. I just wished they kept a few options alive from the old interface.

My 2 cents worth. :)

bwolfe that last part is not true. That left-pointing arrow on the bottom of the iPod interface will take you back to the last menu. i.e. if you start your car, hit artist, album, and then the song name to start playing, you can hit the left-arrow at the bottom (next to "genre") to take you back to the album. Again, that's how it is on the x920bt....

Still need more info on the scroll-wheel on the right when in an actual album...

In the Youtube vide it's clear it's only 2 tracks, with different artwork. I suspect it works correctly a la z120BT and x920bt when in a "proper" album.

ALSO,

For those that didn't notice, if you have the navigation muted, you can now tap the turn direction at the top left of the navi screen and it will speak the directions! This doesn't work on the z110bt, but it did on the x920bt, so I assume it will work on the z120bt. This is basically a shortcut to unmute the spoken navigation directions. This is a permanent unmute, so you'll need to bring up the pop-up menu to mute it again as needed.

bwolfe that last part is not true. That left-pointing arrow on the bottom of the iPod interface will take you back to the last menu. i.e. if you start your car, hit artist, album, and then the song name to start playing, you can hit the left-arrow at the bottom (next to "genre) to take you back to the album. Again, that's how it is on the x920bt....

Still need more info on the scroll-wheel on the right when in an actual album...

There is a left arrow? I must have missed it or its really small. Now I have to go check. Thanks for the info. :)

bwolfe that last part is not true. That left-pointing arrow on the bottom of the iPod interface will take you back to the last menu. i.e. if you start your car, hit artist, album, and then the song name to start playing, you can hit the left-arrow at the bottom (next to "genre) to take you back to the album. Again, that's how it is on the x920bt....

There is a left arrow? I must have missed it or its really small. Now I have to go check. Thanks for the info. :)

Hehe. Also, I edited my above post, so feel free to check that out on your navigation. :)

I just completed the update and all seems fine except for one small issue.

When I connect my 64gig iTouch and start playing a track, it displays all information correctly. But when I select the genre icon down at the bottom, it goes to an alphabet listing with unknown listed for every letter.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Just hung up with customer support, who essentially told me that they had no idea, but it must be a bug and they would report it.

This sucks, because shuffle by genre is the playback method I almost always use.

Thanks in advance for any input,

Brian

My update just arrived, and I am creating backup copies of both SD cards. After I created my install password, I got this on the pioneer password create page:

AVIC-220U Points of Interest Download Information

Step 1

Download the "Optional POI data for 2010" file by clicking here (http://www.winzip.com (purchase may be required).

Step 2

Open the file and copy the "NDB" folder and "CARDINFO.CRF" file onto the root of the SD Card.

*Note: Ensure this file is located on the top layer of the SD Card.

Make sure that the SD Card follows these requirements: - Greater then 512MB.

I have not seen anyone mention this additional update... Just FYI. Maybe you can update the POI without the map update??