AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

I bought and installed the new 120 update, great and loving it! I have one issue though. Before the update, when I was talking on the phone connected to bluetooth, I could control the volume of the background music. Up, down, no problem. Now when I get a call, the volume goes down a little but I have no other volume control. So I answer and I can not turn the music down any lower. It is a problem when I am listening the music at a semi-loud level and get a call. I have to answer, tell the caller that I will call them right back, turn down the volume and then call them back. Any way to get volume control back or just have it muted when I get a call? Thanks for the help.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before the update, when I was talking on the phone connected to bluetooth, I could control the volume of the background music. Up, down, no problem.

Well there is no way to do that on the 110 so I would really like to know how you were able to do it. Regardless, sense it can't be done on the 110 it also can't be done on the 120.

Before the update, when I was talking on the phone connected to bluetooth, I could control the volume of the background music. Up, down, no problem.

Well there is no way to do that on the 110 so I would really like to know how you were able to do it. Regardless, sense it can't be done on the 110 it also can't be done on the 120.

Yep you can't do that on the 110.

I bought and installed the new 120 update, great and loving it! I have one issue though. Before the update, when I was talking on the phone connected to bluetooth, I could control the volume of the background music. Up, down, no problem. Now when I get a call, the volume goes down a little but I have no other volume control. So I answer and I can not turn the music down any lower. It is a problem when I am listening the music at a semi-loud level and get a call. I have to answer, tell the caller that I will call them right back, turn down the volume and then call them back. Any way to get volume control back or just have it muted when I get a call? Thanks for the help.

I can't do it on my 110 & neither can my brother on his so that's weird. I do know what you're talking about though as it has happened to me many times all I do is pause the song until I get off the call. This is when I'm using the ipod which is 98% of the time though.

There is a setting that you can enter that controls how far down the volume goes when a call is being made or received. You can also have it set to mute, which is what mine is set for.

See chapter 31, page 170 of the manual. You'll see "Touch [Mute Level]. Each touch of the [Mute Level] changes the settings as follows:

*20dB: the volume becomes 1/10th

*10dB: The volume becomes 1/3

All: The volume becomes 0

Thank for the advice. Mine was letting me control the volume, but now that I think about it, it must have been something the installer did. I bought the PAC remote kit to run the steering wheel remote and had it installed the day before I loaded the update. I made one call, and noticed that I did not have volume controls. I may go back and see what he did because it was definitely working before he installed it. I figured it was something with the update.

He also did something to the bypass, somehow came disconnected when he was installing the PAC. Had to turnaround and have him fix it. Maybe that was it.

Thank for the advice. Mine was letting me control the volume, but now that I think about it, it must have been something the installer did. I bought the PAC remote kit to run the steering wheel remote and had it installed the day before I loaded the update. I made one call, and noticed that I did not have volume controls. I may go back and see what he did because it was definitely working before he installed it. I figured it was something with the update.

He also did something to the bypass, somehow came disconnected when he was installing the PAC. Had to turnaround and have him fix it. Maybe that was it.

I think you're imagining things. The PAC unit just relays commands from the steering wheel. It doesn't do anything else.... to my knowledge.

I am not having any problems. I have not tried to upgrade yet.

I am asking if the upgrade process affects the msn tuner subscription. Does the msn tuner need reactivated? Has anyone who has gotten nearly all of their money back on the msn tuner lifetime subscription, ran into any problems when upgrading to the Z120BT?

Just crossing the t's and dotting the i's before I upgrade. Thanks.

So is anyone else having the problem of searching by genre?

Just found another issue. When I bring up a list (either artists, albums or songs) I can flick the actual names to scroll at the two speeds that were described in the 120 preview video. I can also flick through the alphabet tabs on the left. But when I try to select one of these alphabet tabs, nothing happens.

I only have one iPod (an iTouch 64 running their new OS4) so I don't have any way to test whether these issues are across all iPods or only the iTouch.

I have again spoken with customer service and got nowhere.

So can anyone here share what they experience with these two functions?

Thanks

I've noticed that problem with the alphabet tabs too. I've got an iPhone 3G with the iOS4 as well. Any ideas what to do about it?

I've also noticed that the Pandora/Pioneer iPhone app often errors with the result being a message on the iPhone and the inability to change stations on the head-unit (although music continues to play). Anyone have this experience?