AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

For anyone down in the States who's interested the Z110BT software upgrade is available from Pioneer Canada for $149.00CDN + $10.00 shipping. It appears to be the exact same product as Pioneer USA is selling and includes all the US maps. So if you have friends in Canada this might be a better deal. I had problems ordering through the online store but you can call direct at: 1-866-562-7093

If I call and give them my US address, aren't they going to charge me the US price?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did you reset it? is there a button you had to push on the physical module? i sure hope not as mine is buired and would require tearing the dash apart to get to... and you guessed it- mine's doing the same thing as yours.

thanks in advance.

For some reason, when I updated my Z110 to the Z120, the scrolling XM wheel did not activate. So on my system it was just a static picture and I could not scroll or select one of my presets. I called Pioneer and they suggested I reset my XM receiver, so I did that on Saturday morning and then everything worked as planned. So basically any problems related to the XM screen was resolved by resetting the receiver on the XM module.

I was experiencing the same problem with the XM scroll wheel disappearing, but I figured out the issue:

The scroll wheel for presets only appears IF YOU ARE ON A PRESET STATION.

If you are not on a preset station, then it just shows a static image of the current station.

Figured this out as I listen to Howard on the West Coast so I have Howard 101 as a favorite, but after the morning I listen to Howard 100 (not a preset). In going back between the two I realized I had the wheel when I was on 101 but not on 100. That seems to be the issue.

I received my update today :D and installed it, the whole process took about 30 minutes including the BT firmware update.

The update came with several warnings that you must have BT firmware 3.10 or lower before doing the upgrade written on a sticker that covers SD card #2 and a leaflet written in about 500 languages warning of the same thing and advising to do the 3.11 update after the system update.

I was a little worried as I had already downloaded the contents of SD #2 via torrent and done the 3.11 update :shock:

If anyone else has done this and decides to do the system update you CAN downgrade the firmware from 3.11 to 3.10 when you insert SD #1, just cancel the system update and do a manual BT firmware upgrade and it will ask if you want to go from 3.11 to 3.10. The "update" took 4 minutes after which I successfully did the system upgrade and then back up to BT v3.11 :)

It may have gone smoothly without downgrading first but I did not want to take that chance considering all the warnings that were in the package.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, stupid newbie question: I bought my Z110BT earlier this year. Shouldn't this upgrade be complimentary from Pioneer since it's essentially a "maps upgrade, plus" ? Most nav system manufacturers provide complimentary map updates for the first year.

Except it's a whole ui upgrade, too. The maps aren't offered separately. Thank Pioneer for that.

is it me, or am I the only one who hates the look of the new interface

Had a hard time admitting it, but I agree.

Any the reason I bought the upgrade was the PandoraLink, which apparently I did not understand you have to plug your phone in and open an app for it to work. Not like the PREVIOUS Pandora Bluetooth that just linked up as soon as you entered the car. WHY would they change it from an automatic bluetooth link, to a manual, hard connection with the necessity of opening an app that apparently can't multitask like every other app.

Call me a bit disappointed... Eyeballing Kenwood's at this point...

You can still do Pandora over BT audio.

I know that function is still there but when they promo'd PandoraLink, I expected it to be a step forward. Not back. I don't want to plug my phone in every time get in the car. That's why I thought Pandoralink would be cool. Guess not. New 'gui'. Same half-assed Pioneer story.