AVIC411.com

04 Tahoe DVD/Navigation Question

I am looking into getting a DVD/navigation for my 04 tahoe with bose system. I am sorta confused on what would be the best unit for my liking. A couple questions......

with a unit like the pioneer AVIC-D2 do i loose quality with my bose speakers?

does it mess up my car to bypass onstar

what about my steering wheel controls?

Anyone suggest to put a DVD player in a different location and save all the factory head unit, etc? Thanks a ton in advance, kinda new with this issue....

I am looking into getting a DVD/navigation for my 04 tahoe with bose system. I am sorta confused on what would be the best unit for my liking. A couple questions......

with a unit like the pioneer AVIC-D2 do i loose quality with my bose speakers?

No. You should notice a bit of an improvement.

does it mess up my car to bypass onstar

No. Though if you use onstar, you can get an interface that will allow you to keep it functional

what about my steering wheel controls?

Same deal there's an interface that would allow you to keep those working too.

Anyone suggest to put a DVD player in a different location and save all the factory head unit, etc? Thanks a ton in advance, kinda new with this issue....

Ok hopefully you realize that the D2 DOES NOT play dvds. You would need an external dvd player hooked up to it to see movies on the screen. As far as interfaces go, here's what you'd need:

Metra GMOS-04 - This interface allows retention of the bose system, onstar, and all the stupid chime stuff.

PAC SWI-PS - This ones so that the steering wheel controls will work with the avic.

So i can use the bose kit and the steering wheel kit? I didnt know if there was some type of limit to the amount of add ons you put on it (XM, ipod control, steering wheel interface, bose interface, etc). I understand I need to get a external DVD player to play DVD video. Once I get that I am assuming that i can drive while watching a DVD at speeds higher than 15mph?