AVIC411.com

A few questions

First, how do I display the time on the small display when the screen is closed?

Second, is there a way for me to search for a specific POI by distance? For example, if I wanted to find the closest starbucks to my current position, or closest washington mutual etc...

Third, I don't think the place I got my n3 installed at hooked up the connection to switch the avic into night mode when I turn the headlights on. I can't make it back there for another week or two but I'll have them take care if it. In the meantime, how come when I switch in the map display options between day mode and night mode nothing happens? Its always in day mode for me.

Thanks. [/code]

1. When the screen is retracted, hit the second button from the right on the closed portion of the screen. (see button # 5 in illustation picture at end of post)

2. Already answered.

3. Sorry, didnt even know the Nx series had a night mode LOL. Mine just dims slightly automatically when the sensor built into the unit senses darkness (as to not blind you at night!) :)

untitledxi6.jpg

Button # 5, not button # 2, will display the time on the outside lcd screen. Button # 5 is second button from the right. This is the button that, when the screen is fully upright, temporarily lowers the screen for 10 seconds. When the screen is fully retracted inside, this same button will show you the time, or if pressed again, back to the channel name/station, depending on which source you are using at the time.

Okay so I talked to the shop that installed my car. They said that my car does not have a dimmer in it, so they weren't able to hook up the illumination connection normally. They said if I really wanted it then they'd have to hook up a relay to the headlights, and it would cost more money to do and possibly void my warranty.

Is this true?

And if so, how do I manually put this thing into night mode?

• 2 weeks later...