AVIC411.com

F900BT Reboot Loop even during test mode

I bought a second hand unit a while back and all has worked well up until now. The only mods I have done are including a route delete and a mute button.

The unit has started to reboot every so often. Sometimes it will not boot at all, sometimes it works for 5 minutes, sometimes and hour.

I've tried entereing testmode and deleting the corrupt files but this has made no difference. In addition the unit also reboots in test mode.

Am I correct in thinking this indicates a hardware fault? Corrupt files would only cause the unit to crash when it was accessing the Pioneer software would it not?

Any idea where to go from here? Will I have to send it to a repair centre?

First, I'd make sure you're entering test mode correctly. That was an issue for quite a few people doing the FX3.1 update.. I'd peruse that thread if I were you, just to make sure.

Have you exhausted all troubleshooting steps garnered from a search for reboot loop or F900 Reboot? If you have, it may just be a faulty unit. I'd particularly look into the results that mention corrupt files, and make sure you're entering test mode correctly.

I have never used the combination of buttons etc to enter testmode. All I have done is stick the SD with the testmode data in the SD slot and waited for it to boot into Windows CE.

This works fine but then the unit randomly resets. I'm worried about doing much in the way of software upgrades incase it resets mid upgrade and bricks the thing!

Well I tried following the button press method and managed to get to the blue service screen. I did a memory test and all seemed fine there. In addition the unit didn't turn off at any point. However, I couldn't find a way to access testmode on the SD card from there.

I reset the unit with the SD card in and repeated the gpspara deletion method i'd tried before. I went back into the data folder and noticed gpspara2 had reappeared and so deleted it again. I then rebooted and so far all seems fine. My system has lost it's audio and radio settings (as expected) and I didn't experience a reboot.

Will take it out for a drive later on and see what's what. :D

QUICK UPDATE:

Well I got 5 mins down the road and then the unit started to reboot again. I then tried going into service mode (blue screen) and got reboots in that.

I don't know whether this makes any difference but when the unit reboots sometimes it stays off for quite some time. No illumnation is present and the screen is blank. In addition when I finally get the unit to boot the touch screen is dead and I get a load of static through the speakers. I'm getting to my wits end with this thing!!

Maybe check your ground and power connections. When I got my unit (off ebay) I bench tested it, worked fine. When I installed it everything was good. I listened to it while I finished putting the dash back together and cleaned up. The next day, first drive, it started doing the reboot thing. I found that the metal I had grounded to wasn't well connected to the frame. So I found a better place to ground it but that didn't fix the reboot problem. Next day I found this web site and followed the directions for reloading the files and my unit has been good ever since. Thank you AVIC411! So I think an intermittent ground was the cause of the file corruption on mine.