AVIC411.com

Two Issues Using Pandora with X920BT

I recently had an X920BT installed. I have been using Pandora for about a month prior to having the nav installed and downloaded/installed the Pioneer PandoraLink from the iTunes to my iPhone but I am having some issues.

First issue (Pandora application): If I press the "Pandora" button on the nav, it tells me to start the application on my mobile device and when I select the app, it starts to play through the nav but the album art does show on the nav screen.

Second issue (Pioneer PandoraLink): If I press the "Pandora" button on the nav, it tells me to start the application on my mobile device and if I select the Pioneer PandoraLink, the nav tells me there are no active stations.

What am I doing wrong that the album are does not display and what is the Pioneer PandoraLink supposed to do?

Any and all responses are appreciated.

First you need to have both the Original "Pandora" iPhone app as well as the "PandoraLink for Pioneer" app installed on your iPhone. Make sure you have logged in to your account using the original "Pandora" app. Then start the PandoraLink for Pioneer app from the iPhone. Once you start this up the X920 should automatically source to Pandora. If it doesn't, press the Pandora source icon on the X920. Press the center of the screen (Artist,album, song) area to bring up the list of Pandora stations and change to a different station. You should be hearing the audio as well as see the album art and info.

If you're using iOS4, be sure to download the updated Pandora.

I am not using iOS4; verison is 3.1.3 and update to date according to iTunes.

Here is what I am doing:

I verify that I am logged into Pandora and am hearing audio;

I start the PioneerLink and the display reads "Plug-in to your Pioneer Now";

I plug in my iPhone;

I press the "Pandora" icon on the nav screen; after a few seconds, the display shows "No active stations".

The only way I can get Pandora to play through the nav is to exit PioneerLink and directly link the Pandora app but I do not see any artist, album, song data or album art.

What am I doing wrong?

:oops: Okay, I am officially nominating myself for the "Dunce of the Year" Award.

For some unexplained reason, in all of the previous attempts to get the PioneerLink working, I left out the last step in process by not pressing either the Artist, Album, Song on the nav screen.

I was putzing around in the car tonight in preparation for a drive on Saturday and for some reason I tried it again and pressed on the Artist and voila' it worked.

I am such a douchenozzle... :oops:

Thanks for the help...

• 1 year later...

I am not using iOS4; verison is 3.1.3 and update to date according to iTunes.

Here is what I am doing:

I verify that I am logged into Pandora and am hearing audio;

I start the PioneerLink and the display reads "Plug-in to your Pioneer Now";

I plug in my iPhone;

I press the "Pandora" icon on the nav screen; after a few seconds, the display shows "No active stations".

The only way I can get Pandora to play through the nav is to exit PioneerLink and directly link the Pandora app but I do not see any artist, album, song data or album art.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for sharing your fix is always helpful to hear back after the problem is solve, that way if I run into the same problem, I'll know what to do. Thanks again