AVIC411.com

MB-3DCars1.0 Add-On up to 1.1a -07/14/10 UP-

@ gnasr74, Do you understand how to update models of vehicles ? Otherwise, I'll translate the proceedings.

I did translate what you sent me through google and I understand how to add 3d cars, I have had 3d cars working with my files for a while, I just don't understand if it is possible to make a pickup truck 3d model. I do not know how to make those .tex and .mdl files. As of now I am using the jeep car but would like a pickup truck. I noticed you had some new cars in your file and was hoping you knew how to make those 3d cars. Anyway Thanks for your help though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE 06/27/10

This update to avoid a copy of the file save in APL2\iGo\ . It was one of my biggest single problem in running this add-on on our Avic. I find a solution but requires copying save folder in APL2\iGo\ and also the change of parameters in the automated file sys.txt.

Now save folder remains in place decided by Pioneer in User\UserData\iGo\ and add-on works without problems.

For those who already Install version MB-3DCars-1.0, you just take 3DCarList.mscr file from the archive downloaded MB-3DCars-1.1 and replace the existing file in APL2\iGo\3DCars\. And then if you want to keep your last GPS option settings, make a copy of save folder APL2\iGo to replace one that must already be in User\UserData\iGo\

The replacement file sys.txt is optional. If you keep your own, to start the AVIC, go to the page of vehicle choice and then click Init., The AVIC restarts and hop everything is ok.

For the others, and those who have already installed version 1.0, go to in which first topic are the download archive and read new installation procedure.

MB - Looks like a really nice addition. Since I do use my own zip, I don't think I'll be able to take advantage of your hard work unless you separate it from the MB mod.

I already explained that this add-on (as its name suggests) is not exclusive to the mod MB-IDT3.0-4x. I leave it open to other modder to integrate into their mod a few lines of code needed to support this add-on. Those who would be unable to identify lines of code included in my mod, can contact me by PM for that tell them what it takes for them mod to handle this add-on.

misterblue...thank you so much for your help with this. It is a great add on and being able to add it to any mod is a great step. Thanks for the time you took to help me understand how to make the changes. This is the best thing since the map changer.

Great work.

It is a great add on and being able to add it to any mod is a great step.

Great work.

I've also added this mod. Just started playing with it. I may have to change something on my set up as the sizing of the car model is not changing. I may have missed something along the way when adding it or I might need to alter my sys txt a little.

misterblue - Thanks for the hard work and making the changes so the appearance of the screen matches the other Pioneer screens.

@ Hube2002 & N-S-E-W,

The principle of forums like this is the sharing. I am glad that this add-on like those who have chosen to try. Its development to work on AVIC took me really long time for different reasons and I like the result though.

I have just added this to my mod and it is AWESOME! You have really done a fantastik job at making this work in our AVIC. Very well done!

@ Hube2002 & N-S-E-W,

The principle of forums like this is the sharing. I am glad that this add-on like those who have chosen to try. Its development to work on AVIC took me really long time for different reasons and I like the result though.

I have just added this to my mod and it is AWESOME! You have really done a fantastik job at making this work in our AVIC. Very well done!

I am holding out for a possible pick up truck being made currently. Lets hope?

Will you be doing any updates to your mod abb to include something similar to this?

@ Hube2002 & N-S-E-W,

I am holding out for a possible pick up truck being made currently. Lets hope?

Will you be doing any updates to your mod abb to include something similar to this?

Lots of luck! I have been looking for a program to create the 3D cars to .mdl & .tex format and have been out of luck :( . I think we pretty much have what we got.

Yes, I will be adding this to the next update on my mod by Monday the latest as I will be working day and night until then. I have also included a quicklaunch button on the main screen so that you will not have to go through all the menus. I need to thoroughly test it and like I said, I should have it up by monday evening :)

@ abb1, for me this add-on is optional. That is why I have not put a shortcut on the map, because the item is in menu "3Dsetting" only appear if add-on is placed in APL2\iGo.

I do not know how you will display the icon on the map if add-on is not installed.

As they say : any problem, a solution exist !

For my mod, I made this choice does not require users to install this add-on mandatory.

@ others, I thought iGo Primo, incorporated original 3D models, but it contains 24 are already present in MB-3DCars !!!

Really bad !

@ abb1, for me this add-on is optional. That is why I have not put a shortcut on the map, because the item is in menu "3Dsetting" only appear if add-on is placed in APL2\iGo.

I do not know how you will display the icon on the map if add-on is not installed.

As they say : any problem, a solution exist !

For my mod, I made this choice does not require users to install this add-on mandatory.

@ others, I thought iGo Primo, incorporated original 3D models, but it contains 24 are already present in MB-3DCars !!!

Really bad !

No, that is what I meant. I have permanently added the add-on to my mod and used an icon with a run command of onrelease= 'nextstate djst_3DCars' to bring me directly to the 3D cars menu, right from the main screen. I will have the update by monday the latest. I would have it a lot earlier, but unfortunately work gets in the way :(