AVIC411.com

MB-3DCars1.0 Add-On up to 1.1a -07/14/10 UP-

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of you are wondering how to add this add-on to the mod that you use now.

Here's how:

in your data.zip, edit if it present (if not, other solution is possible) :

half_patch_800_480.ui and add this line :

;Mod MB 3DCars

import "if_exists:3DCars/UI/3DCars_800_480.ui"

half_patch.ui and add this line in

;Mod MB 3DCars

run dj_3DCarsInit

half_patch.ui and add this lines :

;Mod MB 3DCars

import "if_exists:3DCars/ui/3DCars.ui"

half_patch_var.ui and add this line :

;Mod MB 3DCars

import "if_exists:3DCars/ui/3DCars_var.ui"

start.ui and add this line if not exist, in

;Mod MB 3DCars

run half_patch_init

setting.ui or in start.ui (no past in 2 tag ) add this script

setting_800_480.ui add this line option in :

;Mod MB 3DCars ajout

- you should probably adjust the position of the line, depending on other lines of options in this menu.

This option appears in your mod, only when the add-on is placed in APL2\iGo

Edit your sys.txt and :

ADD

[3dcar]

work_dir="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo"

mortscript="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\ThemeChanger\MortScript.exe"

DEL (if exist) in section [3d]

car_day=sports_car.mdl

car_night=sports_car.mdl

ghost_day=sports_car.mdl

ghost_night=sports_car.mdl

and for more 3D GPS precision, in [gps] section

DEL

baud=9600

and add

maximise_baud= 1

Download my mod MB-IDT3.0-4c and extract Extension folder. If your mod use a MapChanger option, del my MapChanger of my Extension folder (my version is specific and use a new presentation and new bitmap editor of map include in my data.zip)

Go to your avic and :

Paste in \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ my Extension folder (countain ThemeChanger folder and Restart.exe), if folder exist new folder/file added to existing ones.

Paste in \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ my MB-3DCars1.1 add-on.

If I have forgotten nothing and if you have properly followed my instructions, the option "Change Vehicle" is now available in "3D setting" of your mod.

For information : My mod contains specific parameters taking into account the position of the 3D cars models, which are different from the original arrow ;-) You'll see immediately if you find that the vehicle position is too low on the card, but maybe you will not have this kind of problem.

EDIT : don't use my sys.txt with other mod, because contain specific warning parameters for my "SpeedWarn Distance" slider option. By cons it contains other parameters useful for other mods, you find them.

UPDATE 07/14/10 :

Use with MB-3DCars1.1a

Once you've made these changes, access the option "Change Vehicle" in one click "Init." to initialize the first time this add-on.

.... I have permanently added the add-on to my mod and used an icon with a run command ...

Anyway, you know what you are doing :wink:

Wherever possible, I will not change the main access to the scripts for futur updates.

Hi Abb and Misterblue,

looks like you got this thing going, misterblue. great mod and i will be looking to add this to my mod now. Is there going to be enough room on the avic to have all those bmp and tex, mdl files? Also abb, i would like to use your mod as guide while i follow misterblue's appreciated instructions above. Is it available now with this mod included. Just when you think you can't add more to this nav, a great new mod comes out. Great work.

Hmmmm, I am doing a lot of testing with this and I am running into one glitch. When I choose car '8', the first one in the second row, I get an 'out of memory' error, but so far only with that one car. Can anyone else verify this?

Hmmmm, I am doing a lot of testing with this and I am running into one glitch. When I choose car '8', the first one in the second row, I get an 'out of memory' error, but so far only with that one car. Can anyone else verify this?

Abb I tried car 8.Didn't get the error message but the Avic just froze as soon as i tried to view in 3D mode and I had to reset to get it going again.Went back into settings and changed cars and all is well again.

Abb I tried car 8.Didn't get the error message but the Avic just froze as soon as i tried to view in 3D mode and I had to reset to get it going again.Went back into settings and changed cars and all is well again.

It froze because of the memory error. It is a bad file. I tried it out in two mods with the same result

Mister Blue, is there any way that you can fix this? I tried to delete the .mdl, .tex iles as well as the bmp file associated with the mod and that would not do it. I didnt think so, but I thought I would try that anyways. Can we either 1) get this file fixed. or 2) delete the car 8 from the list

Normally I tested all the models of my add-on, but it is possible that it is one that is buggy. I can not make corrections for the moment, I'm on vacation, I'll do it on my return in a few days.

The out off memory problem, often when one or more files have been wrong copied into the AVIC when it no longer has enough memory available.

Hello, no problem. I will release an update in a few days this problem of vehicle will also be corrected.

Yeah, piece of cake, just replace the files with the ones in my rar file and you are good to go

It's nice, but I have other small adjustments to be done to improve the functioning of my add-on. It should not bother anyone because this add-on shortly be updated easily and does not require the replacement of data.zip.

The update will be available in few days.

It's nice, but I have other small adjustments to be done to improve the functioning of my add-on. It should not bother anyone because this add-on shortly be updated easily and does not require the replacement of data.zip.

The update will be available in few days.

EXCELLENT!! Looking forward to it!