AVIC411.com

Problems W/ Iphone update OS.4?

Hello

i was wondering if anyone has been experiencing any issue with their units; after the Iphone os.4 update. my bluetooth wasn't connecting today, i havent had time to reset the unit due to time constraints. the first day i updated my phone i had to unplugg it 4 times till the unit read the ipod.

any one else having issues?

I had a strange problem. I have an F90BT. Yesterday I updated my iphone 3GS and I had no problems connecting it to the cable and bluetooth. Today I connected it and it saw the iphone. It saw the songs and playlists but it just wouldnt play anything. I had to shutdown the iphone and reboot it. That seem to get it working. I am not sure what caused it.

Dave

I did update my 3GS with OS 4.0. First time I tried HU gave me Error 19. So, I had to reboot the iPhone( Hold the iPhone power button until the SLIDER SHOWS on screen to TURN OFF).

Once rebooted, there were no problems, everything worked as usual. It seems it is not specific to Pioneer HU.

I'm also having trouble with my iPhone 3GS and f90bt. Bluetooth has always been really crappy and drains my battery so I don't use it. The interface between the iPhone and stereo was bratty lame too. Constantly have the "charging is not supported" and "this device is not iPhone compatible" meggages even when it works...

Anyway now I can't get any iPod functionality at all. The phone says there's a device connected but it doesn't show up on the deck. I was so excited too now that they changed pandora to act like iPod and run in the background, hoping I might even be able to control it on screen but no, now nothing works. Can anyone shine some light on this?

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having problems. I have an iPhone 4 and a U310BT. No problems with the Bluetooth connectivity, but the iPod function is very erratic. The unit recognizes the iPhone/iPod but frequently displays "Format Read" and will do nothing else. A regular iPod gets recognized and plays correctly. Only after multiple disconnects, source changes, and engine on/offs will the unit read the iPhone / iPod. Anyone have any suggestions, please? Thanks....

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I just bought a used vehicle that had the U310BT installed, and immediately began playing with it. I have an iPhone4 and encountered the same problems described above -- the format errors and the detection but no sound. In the cases where it worked, I noticed I had no apps running, or only the iPod app running. The times when it caused a read error, each time I had pandora or another app running that uses the audio. I updated the firmware to 1.0003 and expected it to fix the problem, but it didn't not. The only way I can consistently get music playing from any application is to make sure nothing is running (or ONLY the iPod is running). Once I plug it in, it queues up my music and begins playing. Once it's playing, i can start any music or sound app and there is no problem getting sound from the stereo.

Now all i have to do is figure out why the BlueTooth mic wont work.

Anyhow, I hope this helps some of you encountering the same problems.

I've had this issue a couple of times with my iPhone 4 and U310. Both occurrences followed some erratic plugging in/disconnecting of the iPhone by yours truly (call came in, didn't want to use BT). Anyway, I was able to clear the condition by disconnecting the phone, performing a 'hard reset' on the iPhone (hold Home and Power buttons together until you see the Apple logo) and power cycling the car/head unit. The hard reset will kill any conflicting background functions in the phone's OS that could be the source of the U310 sending Format Read errors. YMMV.