AVIC411.com

Just got my new iPhone 4 today, and after getting it activated and synced up in iTunes, I took it out to the car to pair it with my X920BT.

Paired OK. Hands free phone, BT audio and regular iPod music plays just fine. The only thing I noticed was that the phone wasn't charging. Pretty sure that my 3G did charge when connected. This was with a Pioneer CD-IU50V cable, BTW.

Anyone else?

My iPhone 4 charges on the x920BT with the Pioneer cable. They didn't change the power specs this time like they did when they went to 5v a couple years back so we should be good.

Other than AVIC feeds it works fine, and Pioneer is working on the former. PandoraLink works but won't run in the background, they are updating that too.

My iPhone 4 charges on the x920BT with the Pioneer cable. They didn't change the power specs this time like they did when they went to 5v a couple years back so we should be good.

Actually it's not that they "went 5v" it's that they finally retired the "charging by firewire pins" in the dock and only use the "charge by USB pins". It was a long transition that lasted many years, and there was a lot of advance notice when they retired that specification.

• 2 weeks later...