iPhone 4

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Quagmire

Quagmire
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Just got my new iPhone 4 today, and after getting it activated and synced up in iTunes, I took it out to the car to pair it with my X920BT.

Paired OK. Hands free phone, BT audio and regular iPod music plays just fine. The only thing I noticed was that the phone wasn't charging. Pretty sure that my 3G did charge when connected. This was with a Pioneer CD-IU50V cable, BTW.

Anyone else?

#2 dawgbone

dawgbone

• Members
  • 737 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:15 PM

Not AGAIN!!!!

I really hope you are a sole case.... of course I don't wish bad ju-ju on you...
But it would severely tick me off if Apple did this sheet again...

#3 Quagmire

Quagmire
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

I just went and tried it again. Worked like a champ this time.

I plugged and unplugged it repeatedly and it came up charging every time I plugged it in. No idea what I did differently the 1st time, sorry for the false alarm.

#4 robotprom

robotprom

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationGod's waiting room

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

my iPhone 4 charges with no issues on my f700 and the Apple composite AV cable, whereas my 3GS didn't charge reliably.
2003 F150 XLT: Avic F700BT
2004 Subaru Forester XS: Avic F700BT

#5 Ixian

Ixian

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

My iPhone 4 charges on the x920BT with the Pioneer cable. They didn't change the power specs this time like they did when they went to 5v a couple years back so we should be good.

Other than AVIC feeds it works fine, and Pioneer is working on the former. PandoraLink works but won't run in the background, they are updating that too.

#6 Retell

Retell

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

I had my 3gs charging with iOS 4 for like a day or 2, but after that mine no longer charges AT ALL, reconnected a good 100 times and no more charging :(

#7 dianebrat

dianebrat

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

My iPhone 4 charges on the x920BT with the Pioneer cable. They didn't change the power specs this time like they did when they went to 5v a couple years back so we should be good.

Actually it's not that they "went 5v" it's that they finally retired the "charging by firewire pins" in the dock and only use the "charge by USB pins". It was a long transition that lasted many years, and there was a lot of advance notice when they retired that specification.

#8 abb1

abb1

Established Member

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

One thing to note with the IOS4 software is that since I had my iPhone 3GS with the ios4 software installed, it now charges on my F700bt :shock:

Main system in car---AVIC X950BT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users