AVIC411.com

Problem installing optional POI updates with Z110 Upgrade

Guys who have already successfully bought and installed the update - when you login to Pioneer's site to get your activation code, you are given the instructions to:

AVIC-220U Points of Interest Download Information

Step 1

Download the "Optional POI data for 2010" file by clicking here. Once you have downloaded the file to your computer, locate the file on your computer and double click the file to decompress it. If you do not have a decompression utility installed on your computer, you can download WinZip at http://www.winzip.com (purchase may be required).

Step 2

Open the file and copy the "NDB" folder and "CARDINFO.CRF" file onto the root of the SD Card.

*Note: Ensure this file is located on the top layer of the SD Card.

Make sure that the SD Card follows these requirements: - Greater then 512MB

My question is: which SD card are you supposed to unlock and copy these files on to? I tried doing it with my own blank SD card separately after completing the initial updates with the two SD cards sent from Pioneer and that didn't work. Before unlocking the Pioneer SD CARD #1, copying and pasting the two files for the POI update, I wanted to see if anyone else has done this or whether this is Pioneer's intent... I don't want to mistakenly screw up radio here.

This upgrade is to give the AVIC-U220 the same POIs as the other navs. Am I reading this right that you are trying to update a Z110BT? The U220 is the add on nav for the AV units. It comes with the same number of POIs as the AVIC-U310BT, but Pioneer is offering a free upgrade to give it the same number as the X920 and Z120. That's why you are getting an incompatible device error.