AVIC411.com

Can someone fix my AVIC N-1?

• 2 weeks later...

Any competent electronics technician can fix that connector. You see how it's just a block of plastic with the metal pins making a 90 degree turn down into the board? You'll need to take the unit apart, and get the board onto a bench and resolder that connector back onto the board. That's if the connector is still usable and still has all of the pins in tact. They can be bent to some degree... Don't use too much heat or you'll lift the foil runs on the board! If you can't do it yourself, it'd be something someone would grab on eBay if they could fix it themselves, since it's a pretty simple repair...

• 3 weeks later...

Just for shits and giggles, you should try and send it in for the ribbon cable fix that has been posted on this site. I have seen other N1s like this and I bet Pioneer has too since they change the RGB cable mounting on the N2 and N3. Obviously a weak point in the design. Worth a shot before you trash it