AVIC411.com

Z120BT iPod Issue/Question

I have an iPhone that I use to play music. If I've left the iPhone connected, turned off the car, and start it again the music starts playing immediately but about five or seven seconds after the music pauses/stops and I have to press play to start it again. Is this normal behaviour? Is there any way I can just make it play without it pausing/stopping? It's like it stops after all the system services have started. Could it the stopping/pausing be because of the pairing of the Bluetooth?

I have an iPhone that I use to play music. If I've left the iPhone connected, turned off the car, and start it again the music starts playing immediately but about five or seven seconds after the music pauses/stops and I have to press play to start it again. Is this normal behaviour? Is there any way I can just make it play without it pausing/stopping? It's like it stops after all the system services have started. Could it the stopping/pausing be because of the pairing of the Bluetooth?

Where did you buy your iPod cable?

I did notice that I had to turn off my bluetooth (on phone) to get the ipod function to work once contected via ipod cable.

You shouldn't have to do that. Make sure the BT audio output on the phone isnt auto switching when BT connects with the unit. If it is, you can easily switch it back to DOCK CONNECTOR by hitting the BT symbol at the bottom right of the iPod app.

• 1 year later...

Same here, it is definitely when the bluetooth connection occurs. On a start up and you connect the phone, the ipod starts playing until the connection is made, then it pauses. You can hit play again and it is good to go for the rest of the drive. Also if you wait to connect the cable until the bluetooth connects the problem does not occur.

I am using the pioneer cable purchased from pioneer, no problems with unit before iphone 3g. Just hooked the unit back up in my replacement car after about a year. Not sure if it did this before ios 5.1 update either...

I looked on the phone for the BT audio settings, but they may not be there while not connected to BT? I'll have to check when I have it in there tomorrow.

Looked today and there are no choices on the phone. I deleted the pairing and tried again. When the phone is discovered and paired it says it is paired as a bluetooth audio device.

In the AVIC connection details there are three options, Handsfree and audio, audio, and handsfree. Selecting handsfree only says it is already connected. doesn't seem you can turn the audio part off.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a firmware issue between apple and pioneer...