AVIC411.com

Not sure if you noticed that I was on a comeback mode last week, well, guess what? This morning my car got broken into and they have successfully stolen my unit, this means that i’m out of a unit again, this time around I won’t be able to afford to get another one as I’m just starting to get back on my feet, but between the deductible that I have to pay and the fee for a rental car, I’m in a miserable situation again, to all of you that have helped me and have taught me, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, the time I have spent modding and learning and teaching was a great experience,

IDT is calling it quits,

post-26677-12872762692421_thumb.jpg

That really sucks, but it might not be so glum. First off, shop around for collision repair shops. A lot of them will absorb a lot of the deductible. The Avic is not a problem either because whatever unit you had, with the money for replacement that they will give for a comparable unit, you can probably get the X series (or a better unit) for cheap. I got my X910 for $600 cdn brand new from ebay. That was cheaper than I paid for my F700 about 10 months earlier. Body shops do remarkable work, and that is what we have insurance for. Years ago, my neighbors kid scratched up my entire side with a nail. I took it to the local body shop and they fixed my side better than it was as they fixed dings that were there prior AND they absorbed the deductible. I didn't thank the kid, but I wanted too :wink:

That really sucks, but it might not be so glum. First off, shop around for collision repair shops. A lot of them will absorb a lot of the deductible. The Avic is not a problem either because whatever unit you had, with the money for replacement that they will give for a comparable unit, you can probably get the X series (or a better unit) for cheap. I got my X910 for $600 cdn brand new from ebay. That was cheaper than I paid for my F700 about 10 months earlier. Body shops do remarkable work, and that is what we have insurance for. Years ago, my neighbors kid scratched up my entire side with a nail. I took it to the local body shop and they fixed my side better than it was as they fixed dings that were there prior AND they absorbed the deductible. I didn't thank the kid, but I wanted too :wink:

insurance here does not work that way, if your car was vandalized, got broken into , etc, i still have to pay the deductible, regarding the unit, i was just talking to the insurer and they will not cover the unit as it's an e-bay item that i got second hand and i don't have an official receipt, and even if they do cover that the money will just go to the payment of the deductible and the cost of rental, it really sucks, but i can't do anything about it so i think i'll just try to move on and live without a navi,

insurance here does not work that way, if your car was vandalized, got broken into , etc, i still have to pay the deductible, regarding the unit, i was just talking to the insurer and they will not cover the unit as it's an e-bay item that i got second hand and i don't have an official receipt, and even if they do cover that the money will just go to the payment of the deductible and the cost of rental, it really sucks, but i can't do anything about it so i think i'll just try to move on and live without a navi,

Damn, yeah, I forgot that you are in Manitoba. I had a girlfriend from Brandon, so I know about Autopac insurance. It is cheaper though than it is here in Ontario, but still, no paid rental, and here a lot of of companies just up the price that they submit to the insurance co, and then charge you the regular price. That is what is meant here by the company 'absorbing' the deductable, so that you don't have to pay it and they get your business.

I wish the best of luck to you and I do hope that we will see you here again!