AVIC411.com

Avic x920bt hid and audio cutting off issue

I just installed my x920 yesterday and if i let the radio boot up fully while xm is on, then turn on my headlights the sound for xm and only xm disappears. The screen and full control is still up and if i change my source the sound is normal, but xm sound will either be gone or quiet and distorted or only on half of my speakers. I am also using extrernal amp as well. Called pioneer and they were just basically baffled and he said try disconnecting the dimmer wire and see if it still does it. Well obviously it wont do it since its not gonna trigger whatever problem is there. I had a f900bt before this one and never had this problem. I have been an installer of car audio and electronics for 10 years and ive installed this unit perfectly. Only thing i can think of is that all the older units always had a resistor on the harness for the dimmer wire and the x920 does not. If anyone has seen or heard of this issue yet please let me know!!!! Its pissing me the hell off!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been trying to help pioneer with the fix, ive given them every bit of information i can, and have spoken to neumerous tech people from there. They are trying to figure out what to do. Its gon

Posted Images

Its 13.5 with the car running and the parking lights on but remember its the dimmer wire so it goes up and downwhen you twist it, like most cars. I did notice that when i pull it out to turn the headlights on the wire drops to a quick 12.5 though, but i dont understand why that would affect the audio on xm and only xm.

Ok heres an update, its not the dimmer wire because i just tried unhooking it and it still does it the second i put the headlights on. Going to rip it completely out and re install everything just to try it see what happens. ill keep you posted

• 3 weeks later...

the chokes do work, what i did was buy 4 and put 2 on each HID ballast, one where the plug from the car connects to the ballast and the other at the other end of that plug and it fixed it. ive been turning my headlights on an off for the past 20 mins straight and the sound did not go away :lol:

I spoke to pioneers head tech guy and he said to trey and ground one of my rca cables. He also said to try and hook up a speaker to the internal amp to see if that shuts off as well and it did. so its not an external problem its deff inside the unit. I have been running the grounded rca for about a week now and no problems as of yet.

• 3 weeks later...