AVIC411.com

Avic x920bt hid and audio cutting off issue

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been trying to help pioneer with the fix, ive given them every bit of information i can, and have spoken to neumerous tech people from there. They are trying to figure out what to do. Its gon

Posted Images

How about this one, i dont even have relays installed for my hids. Just running off the stock wiring. ANd by the way its not just the xm audio its all audio, ipod am fm cd whatever. However the ding sound still plays through the amp when youpress a button.

I have been trying to help pioneer with the fix, ive given them every bit of information i can, and have spoken to neumerous tech people from there. They are trying to figure out what to do. Its gonna take time and more feedback though. I hope they fix it soon too, i can say try to use a digital ballast. I installed some a few days ago and its been alot better. It will still do it but not as much as before. Also you can ground one of your rca cables to improve this issue, doesnt ure it but makes it better. And also does everyone thats having this same problem as me have an external amplifier hooked up to this unit and if so what kind? They wanna hear about it. ANd if you dont have one and it still does this problem post it up in this forum as well, as the guys from pioneer are checking out this forum day to day from what they tell me. The more symptoms/issues we post up about this topic, the closer they can get to figuring out the answer for what to do to solve this very strange confusing problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what that would do for me. I lose sound on the unit the moment my Low Beams are turned on. I hear a *click* when the hids come on and the sound of the stereo immediately goes off. I can have the motor off and ignition in ACC and turn the stereo on, then manually turn the low beams on and immediately lose sound. Same thing with the motor running. If the lights come on before the stereo, like at night when they are always gonna be on, I have no issues. If I turn the lights off or remove the DRL fuse then I have no issues during the day either. It's the moment the HIDs come on, the point when they draw the most I suppose.

Strangely enough I do not have this issue with my fog lights, which also have 35w DDM HIDs in them. I can turn them on and off over and over with no affect on my Head Unit.