AVIC411.com

Avic x920bt hid and audio cutting off issue

well i tried disconnecting the ill wire (the orange/white wire) so the nav unit would not dim from the HIDs but the sound still cuts out ( i was thinking I could just put a switch in to dim the display). The sound only cuts out when the ballast has recently been on, and I turn it off and then on again (as if its holding a charge and the rush causes the sound to cut out) It never happens when i turn the HID's on for the first time (as they need to warm up)...let me know if this helps at all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been trying to help pioneer with the fix, ive given them every bit of information i can, and have spoken to neumerous tech people from there. They are trying to figure out what to do. Its gon

Posted Images

new to forum to try to figure this problem out i have a 05 turbo scion tc with 6k hids in my headlights and 3k in my foglights from hidextra.com they plug in to factory with no relay harness i installed the 920bt myself evrything works good but if i turn my headlight on while driving it shuts the audio off my cd works ith audio but nothing else unless i turn my car off and restart it with the lights on or if they are on and i flick my highbeams on or off same thing it shuts off audio i read some people are trying to figure out why is there anything else anybody has had problems with?

• 2 months later...

I have a scion tC with aftermarket HID lighting. Kit is from DDM tuning. I ran a harness with a relay on the HID's (They are 55w version) and have not experienced any problems with the unit losing audio when turning them on or off. Everything is working fine.

Do you have both highs and lows? I have a scion tc with highs and lows HID's. For me the issue is with high beam. No problem with low beam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He hasn't been heard from sense so it probably didn't work for long or if at all. Thats usually the case when one person claims a solution to a common problem but doesn't give any details and is never heard from again. Regardless this issue is easy to work around. Just turn your lights on as soon as you crank your vehicle and you have nothing to worry about.

• 3 months later...

Any new developments with this issue? I just had my X920BT installed and I'm also experiencing the audio cut off issue. I have aftermarket HIDs installed w/ the relay harness. Unforutnately, with my car, many have fried their junction box w/o the relay harness.

One odd thing is that my audio comes back on if I unplug and reconnect my iPhone.

i haven't had a chance to start troubleshooting my issue.

If i have my fog lights on before i start the car radio works fine. Anytime after radio is booted it cuts out.

in my case i have aftermarket fogs which have their own harness. To turn them on there is a button that draws 12v with ign on from the dimmer and power for the fogs comes direct from battery.

• 2 weeks later...

i haven't had a chance to start troubleshooting my issue.

If i have my fog lights on before i start the car radio works fine. Anytime after radio is booted it cuts out.

in my case i have aftermarket fogs which have their own harness. To turn them on there is a button that draws 12v with ign on from the dimmer and power for the fogs comes direct from battery.

Any developments with your issue?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys. so i had this issue with my relay harness and hid kit. i ended up buying a new kit from ddmtuning.com and removed the relay harness. i plugged the hids directly to the cars harness and to my amazement, the audio cutting off issue went away. i can finally turn on my hids with out being pissed of at my radio.

the problem I've had is that if I have my stereo on (3300BT) and then turn on my HIDs, the stereo's sound would cut out for a few seconds or actually turn off and turn back on. I no longer have this problem. what I did was instead of grounding my stereo using the harness, I used a thicker gauge wire and ground directly to the chassis. no more power offs or cutting out of the sound. I still get a slight pop from my sub when turning on my lights since both the HIDs relays and sub power cable are connected to the positive post on my battery. I hope this solution works for some of you.