AVIC411.com

No sound from rear speakers suddenly. What'd I do? Help

WTF?!?! I just realized I have no sound coming from my rear door speaker in my 06 Trailblazer. They worked after install of the HU and I was bored and playing with my values and controls and POOF now I have no sound from my rears, no fader controls and I noticed my SLP button is grey and inaccessible. I tried doing a system reset and it sent bring the speakers back up and I haven't been behind the dash or unplugged anything lately. Any help please

I would love to offer you an answer, but I can only make educated guesses here. I couldn't tell by the last sentence of your first post exactly what the outcome of the system reset did for you..."It sent bring the speakers back up"...I kinda got lost there. Are they working again or not? Being that these head units split the delivery of sound into "channels", it sounds to me like you have a hardware problem and that the built in amplifier on the head unit has gone faulty. Either that, or you have a bad connection somewhere in your wiring configuration (grounding, short circuiting, etc). I don't know how you have it hooked up, and what wires connected where, but if the sound dropped out completely, those are the only two things I can think of. I seriously doubt it is related to you playing around with the controls/settings of the head unit at all. I know that this doesn't offer you a happy faced "Here is your problem, and here's what you need to do" response, but at least it is a response and gives you some things to consider. Try and look into at least the wiring of the speakers to the harness because this is the one thing I think you have the best option of correcting yourself. Beyond that, you're probably looking at sending the unit in for repair or taking it somewhere to have it looked at...Hope you get your problem resolved, cuz I know I would be frustrated too!!

Peace ~ HFoM

Well after taking the unit out and going over EVERY wire and connection (no problem found), reinstalling, resetting again and again they finally came back on and seem to be working fine now. I honestly don't know what would've made them stop working and what in the unit would've stopped sending a signal to them but at least now I know to just keep resetting the unit.

I'm baffled and befuddled but they work, now to go make salsa for the 4th of July.