AVIC411.com

How does the X910 recognize media players other than ipods?

I have been an iphone owner for almost 4yrs now, the iphone 4 is great but i am just getting tired of the OS itself. I am thinking of switching to the HTC Evo.

My question is, how does the AVIC recognize these phones other than the iphone that have built in media players? Will it show up as a USB drive? Will i have to control the music through the phone itself since its not an ipod?

I guess to avoid this it would be just as easy to just buy a regualar ipod and leave it hooked up permanently for this purpose :wink:

Nothing is going to work as well as an iPod device. And if your getting tired of the iOS you might want to check out some of the lack luster reviews of the Evo on Youtube. Seems that device is not all its cracked up to be as far as the interface to use it goes.

Nothing is going to work as well as an iPod device. And if your getting tired of the iOS you might want to check out some of the lack luster reviews of the Evo on Youtube. Seems that device is not all its cracked up to be as far as the interface to use it goes.

(snide -- anything is better than iPhone anyway)

To answer the original question, AVICs only recognize iPod players as anything special. Anything else will be seen as a USB drive.

Thats what we did, We just keep the ipod in the glovebox connected 24x7. Every once in a while we'll update it and put more music on it. We bought a new 64gb one but we should of just bought an old school classic or even an older mini/nano on craigslist for like $100. Ask some friends to see if anyone has an older one laying around.

Definately get an android or even a Windows Moblie phone. I've had windows mobile phones since WM2003 cameout and love them!! the new windows phone 7 OS and phones comeout around this christmas if you can holdout. I love that all the apps are completly free and anyone can make them and just post it online without having to wait 30-45 days for apple to approve it. Plus if you don't like something on windows mobile you can easily hack or change it! Free tethering to laptops is the best. You can do most of this stuff with android also I believe.

Definately get an android or even a Windows Moblie phone. I've had windows mobile phones since WM2003 cameout and love them!! the new windows phone 7 OS and phones comeout around this christmas if you can holdout. I love that all the apps are completly free and anyone can make them and just post it online without having to wait 30-45 days for apple to approve it. Plus if you don't like something on windows mobile you can easily hack or change it! Free tethering to laptops is the best. You can do most of this stuff with android also I believe.

Really? I wonder why I pay for my WinMo apps then...

BTW, Windows Phone 7 makes iPhone look modern and advanced. I don't really see it lasting any longer than Microsoft Kin did...

WinMO and Symbian BB phones will fall to the waste side. The landscape will be iPhone and Android with the iPhone remaining on top for quite a while. When it comes to the average consumer, the iPhone offers a total user experience unmatched by anything currently available and will stay that way for a while. iPhone haters are biased and simply not looking at the full potential of what the iPhone has to offer. The iPhone has the perfect marriage of features, technology, and community support to win over the average consumer as well as many tech oriented users. And that is what makes the iPhone the best damn smartphone on the market right now. 1.7 million sold in three days. Is it really because everybody is stupid and ill informed? Regardless of weather you buy into the whole iPhone craze or not, cell phones prior to 06-29-2007 had become a stagnant, no personality, no excitement electronics industry. That all changed over night the day the iPhone was released. The fact is that regardless of what phone is in your pocket right now, it is an, "order of magnitude" a better phone then it would be right now if the iPhone had never been released. And that, once again, makes the iPhone the best damn phone on the market.

WinMO and Symbian BB phones will fall to the waste side. The landscape will be iPhone and Android with the iPhone remaining on top for quite a while. When it comes to the average consumer, the iPhone offers a total user experience unmatched by anything currently available and will stay that way for a while. iPhone haters are biased and simply not looking at the full potential of what the iPhone has to offer. The iPhone has the perfect marriage of features, technology, and community support to win over the average consumer as well as many tech oriented users. And that is what makes the iPhone the best damn smartphone on the market right now. 1.7 million sold in three days. Is it really because everybody is stupid and ill informed? Regardless of weather you buy into the whole iPhone craze or not, cell phones prior to 06-29-2007 had become a stagnant, no personality, no excitement electronics industry. That all changed over night the day the iPhone was released. The fact is that regardless of what phone is in your pocket right now, it is an, "order of magnitude" a better phone then it would be right now if the iPhone had never been released. And that, once again, makes the iPhone the best damn phone on the market.

LOL coming from someone driving a civic....

Iphone design had nothing to do with windows at all, It might of helped shape some of those junky samsung phones or whatever. Also out of the 1.7 million 70-90% of those were upgrades from previous ipods. For the average mom and dad who doesn't know much about electronics then the iphone is great, but for everyone else it's pointless. My father (works for IBM) has a corporate BB, Iphone, and bought a droid ERIS/EVO. We all hate the BB but he needs it, the iphone sits in a drawer and he likes the droid.

My WinMO phone can do everything any android, iphone, BB can do and then some. I'd love to see another phone able to use exchange activesync (99.9% of corporate america uses exchange), or even be able to easily download apps that aren't approved by Apple or google.

BB's are only for corporate use and i still don't understand why they don't use winMO

iphones are for emo kids and people who love spending $.99 per song, $3.99 per tv show, $4.99 per app and whatever else.

Android is good but won't make it in corporate america

WinMO is great for personal and business use.

Really? I wonder why I pay for my WinMo apps then...

BTW, Windows Phone 7 makes iPhone look modern and advanced. I don't really see it lasting any longer than Microsoft Kin did...

Microsoft has a HUGE problem with coming out with software/devices and pulling them before they pickup steam. The kin's were very limited. I've been waiting for the new HTC 1ghz snapdragon win phone 7 device to comeout this xmas.

what apps did you pay for??

The only pay app I've ever paid for is netremote, but thats because its for winmo phones, pc's, tablets, and whatever else.

Once again an iPhone hater that doesn't get it as to why the iPhone is successful. Regardless of weather over a million phones were sold to people that already had iPhones, it's still over a million sold in three days. No other portable electronic device has ever sold that many units in so little time. And the average consumer that you say the iPhone is perfect for is exactly my point. It's the average consumers that go for the most pleasurable device to use which why the iPhone is the best phone available. Ya can't argue with the numbers. To do so is just stupid. And the fact that you comment on the car I drive as an implication that I have no credibility in what I wrote just shows your lack of credibility and out right stupidity.

The comment about your car is an assumption you're either young or unsuccessful at your career. Comparing your economy car vs my luxury vehicles (Lexus GS350, Audi A6, Yamaha R6, Dodge RAM) shows that intelligence isn't in your favor.

Just because the average consumer buys more iphones has nothing to do with whats better, so because more peopleHonda Civics its better than my Lexus of my Audi.

Also I'm not a "hater" I compared the devices and gave reasoning on WHY I believe winMO is better than an iphone. You gave NO FACTS whatsoever on WHY you believe it's better.

Please indulge me in a intellectual conversation comparing the 2 OS's and their features.

Once again an iPhone hater that doesn't get it as to why the iPhone is successful. Regardless of weather over a million phones were sold to people that already had iPhones, it's still over a million sold in three days. No other portable electronic device has ever sold that many units in so little time. And the average consumer that you say the iPhone is perfect for is exactly my point. It's the average consumers that go for the most pleasurable device to use which why the iPhone is the best phone available. Ya can't argue with the numbers. To do so is just stupid. And the fact that you comment on the car I drive as an implication that I have no credibility in what I wrote just shows your lack of credibility and out right stupidity.

Facebook or Myspace are extremely popular, too. So are MacDonalds' hamburgers. They are all crap, too... :D

And of course if you look at popularity, Windows is clearly the most superior OS of all times forever and ever.

iPhone makes a nice and popular toy, but it fails as a phone, even if fanboys do not want to notice it, and as a smartphone it is inferior by design to Symbian, old-school WinMo, WebOS or Android. Yeah, I've heard in version 4 it can multitask almost as good as the original version of Windows Mobile did...

The comment about your car is an assumption you're either young or unsuccessful at your career. Comparing your economy car vs my luxury vehicles (Lexus GS350, Audi A6, Yamaha R6, Dodge RAM) shows that intelligence isn't in your favor.

LOL! You have got to be one of he most ignorant people I have seen. Most people are smart enough to not let everyone know how ignorant they are by putting something in writing as your statements here. Anyway I can see now I won't be needing to dignify anything you post from now on with a response.

what apps did you pay for??

The only pay app I've ever paid for is netremote, but thats because its for winmo phones, pc's, tablets, and whatever else.

Mostly Spb stuff -- Pocket Plus, Phone Suite, Weather, Time... Then there are some utilities, iGO 8 and more.

Oh, and by the way, I've heard that Warren Buffett drives a 30 years old Volvo. I'll bet that he's a bit more successful than you are.

Some people have different priorities, you know.. Although nobody would call Dodge (lol) Ram (rofl) a luxury vehicle.

The point I'm making here is both RIM and Microsoft are selling less phones and that will continue to happen. Where as Apple is selling quite a bit more every year. At some point, both the other two will fall to the waste side because of this. They may still have their nich markets, but they won't be a contender in units sold. Again, the reason the iPhone is successful is because it appeals to vast array of consumers, both general consumers and tech oriented consumers. The success is determined by units sold. The fact is the iPhone has mass appael and is also a damn good device, comparable in many ways to the others we have discussed. Anyway, we disagree and that's fine. Nice arguing with you again though Boris. :D