AVIC411.com

FOUND a Soloution for Z110BT Poor Mic quality

Yes I know what the mic looks like. You are still only using one of the two microphones on that unit. The 2.5mm plug on that mic is a stereo plug. The Z110 only has a mono input (as far as I know).

Has anyone tried a parrot single mic and had good luck? I prefer the single mic since the double mic is pretty ugly.

I tried the single Garmin mic from Fry's that others have had success with, and it made absolutely no difference. I ended up turning off the Bluetooth on the Z110BT and just using the Acadia's built-in Bluetooth.

Yeah, the Garmin Mic didn't work for me either. I tried it w/o and w/ electrical tape around the sides of it. People can't understand me unless I turn the call volume way down. Then I can barely hear them. If the call volume is low enough, then it is okay but not great. My factory stereo's UConnect Bluetooth worked perfectly and was crystal clear on the other end. People couldn't tell I was on a speakerphone. The Pioneer's Bluetooth is garbage so far. Pairing problems, bugs, and horrible audio quality.

The mic is nowhere near the vents, but maybe it is in a direct path of one of the speakers. I may try moving it down off of the A-Pillar. (I have speakers up on the top of the dash.)

My Parrot Mic just came in. I'll be trying it here in the next couple days hopefully. It may "just work". That would be nice!

The other thing I haven't had a chance to try is some of the Bluetooth registry settings on my phone. With Windows Mobile, I can change the bitrate and some other parameters to see if they make any difference. It would be nice if it was "phone" dependent.

• 2 weeks later...

quarky42- Any luck with the new mic?

Have you updated your Z110BT to the newest mapping? There's a Bluetooth file update included with the map update.

I also bought a Garmin mic at Fry's hoping it would improve. Didn't do jack.

Could somebody PLEASE post a link to the Parrot microphone they purchased? I've asked this like 3 times now!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=parrot+dual+boom+mic

CaptainInsane, thanks for the smart reply. I've already Googled it and perhaps I'm dense, but I'm still not sure which microphone people are talking about. How difficult is it for someone to post a link and say "This is the microphone I purchased?"

Could somebody PLEASE post a link to the Parrot microphone they purchased? I've asked this like 3 times now!

CaptainInsane, thanks for the smart reply. I've already Googled it and perhaps I'm dense, but I'm still not sure which microphone people are talking about. How difficult is it for someone to post a link and say "This is the microphone I purchased?"

I found several links to it on the first page with the LMGTFY link, Cap'n gave you the right search phrase in case you had not already tried that combination.

I give his link a thumbs up

It's not hard to figure out. That search I gave you brings up a bunch of sites with the mic on them (read: THE VERY FIRST LINK). All you have to do is find a picture that looks like the one in this thread, and then look at what they say the model number is. Perhaps you ARE dense (hey, YOU said it first).