AVIC411.com

920 bypass + ground wire(s) + vss

Yes I searched, I just need some clarification...

I am currently coming from a 4200DVD, and installing a 920BT, on the 4200 I had to have a switch between my parking break ground and the parking break sensor wire, becuase if it were grounded all the time the 4200dvd would not work, so it became necessary to install a toggle switch...

At any rate, what I'm trying to figure out is if this is required with the 920 or if I can just take the mute wire (after being moved) the parking break wire and the normal ground for the deck and just ground them all to full time ground.

Also on the 920, is there a VSS wire that is required? the car I am installing in has a custom race traction control system and I don't plan on tapping the VSS wires...

The deck will be here tomorrow, so I'm trying to get it all prepared so I can just plug in a harness and go.

Thanks - Zach

the bypass instructions just say to ground the two wires - however that didn't work on the 4200 - so what I'm trying to figure out is that actually DOES work or if I still need to have an inline switch for the parking brake ;)

The VSS I think I am going to go without, I'm not willing to tap my ECU harness for VSS - We'll see how tolerable that is I guess - unless you guys have a compelling reason to actually pull the VSS wire.

-Z