AVIC411.com

IPHONE CONTACT TRANSFER ISSUES

I have purchased a Subaru Forester and the AVIC-U310BT came preinstalled by the factory. Some minor growing pains as I am switching from my Garmin which I use on my motorcylce, but the major annoyance is in contact transfer.

With my Garmin, the contacts will transfer automatically when either of my phones is connected (Blackberry / Iphone), and the name, address, and numbers of each contact is clearly indicated. However, with the U310BT I understand that he transfer has to be done manually....but, when I chose "Transfer Contacts" and the contacts finally transfer, the contacts are displayed as a series of numbers and letters, basically I can't tell who I'm calling...

Is there a fix for this, or am I just doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

Canadian Iphone 3GS

Cliff

• 3 weeks later...

This probably won't be any help to you, but it appears that the contact list is pretty limited in this unit.

I've transferred contacts from my Blackberry Pearl and it grabs last name, first name and shows that on the display.

My problem is that if I have multiple numbers for a single contact (i.e. home, work, mobile), it shows up as identically named entries, eg:

Doe, John

Doe, John

Smith, Fred

Smith, Fred

Smith, Fred

with no indication of which number is which! Not very useful. Perhaps a firmware update will fix this, otherwise I'd have to create separate entries for each phone number. Not ideal.