AVIC411.com

Pioneer 2010 Maps - CNSD-200FM

You could've saved a lot more money if you just went into Best Buy and swiped the entire stereo off the shelf. Then, you could afford to pay for the maps.

He should jack the car to install it into first...

The $120 price tag is ridiculous. Every GPS I've bought has come with at least one free map update. Further updates are nowhere close to this price. I could go and buy a brand new Garmin or TomTom and still have change left over from the $120. Not to mention that other GPS device maps are updated 2, sometimes 3 times as often as this. Extremely frustrating.

Has anyone installed the update yet ? I received the CNSD-200 FM yesterday but have not installed it. The packaging says it includes " new navagation features and extended map data " , " Tele Atlas 2010 Map Database" and " map data for US and Canada including 3d landmarks ".

The package includes two sd cards marked A and B and of course no install directions. I understand that you start with the A card and that updates the firmware and gives your device number. You must then go online and register with your device number and a media number you get with the cards. You get a password when you register online so you can continue the update with the B sd card.

The whole updae process is supposed to take about three hours so I guess you better have a battery charger hooked up. I will try the install next week when I have some down time.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the CNSD-200FM update this weekend. I was glad to see that Pioneer finally posted instructions/manual in the documents section on their website for this update.

The total install time was about 45 minutes. The service info screen is now showing map 3.000000 ver 4.000100 and the device number. Prior to the update I had map 2.000400 firm 3.020100 and no device number showing.

You get two sd cards with the update but I used only the " B " card. That had all the update info on it. I am guessing that the " A " card has the firmware update to take you to the level that was already installed in my unit, because when I inserted the " A " card it would not run.

The system seems to be a bit more responsive overall after the install. I will need to spend some time behind the wheel to get a better feel about the maps. I live in NJ and there are two major north / south routes, one being the Garden State Parkway. I could not believe that when I first got the nav unit it showed this route as " unamed road " .

It will be interesting to see if that and other items have changed.

I just installed CNSD-200FM as well. Update went smooth except for a warning early in the upgrade process with a "can't read from card" error (don't remember the exact wording) but it had a retry option that worked the second time. Total time was about 50 minutes.

For the record, cards A and B are just variations of the same upgrade. A is for those who are still on v2.x firmware, and B is for anyone who upgraded to the CNSD-100FM 3.x firmware.

I went from 2.0 to 4.0 and the difference is dramatic. WAY faster and more responsive. Love it so far.