AVIC411.com

Pioneer 2010 Maps - CNSD-200FM

For those still considering upgrading: I've had no issues with the upgrade to CNSD-200FM. Some smaller roads that were NOT in my previous maps are now showing up, and the unit seems more responsive. Question however on the new POIs.

After you get your password, Pioneer directs you to download AVIC-220U (new POIs). Having problems with this.

I've:

1. Downloaded onto an SD card

2. Placed the folders as Pioneer says, in top root directory

3. Tried installing, and nothing happens.

Question: Has anyone done this install? Do you put the SD card in before starting the system or after? Does the PI upgrade happen automatically, or do you have to do something else? Thanks much!

• 3 months later...

I am in no way looking to hack, crack or steal the latest update CNSD-200FM.I would really like to get it but $120 is kind of steep for me at this time. I waited this long hoping the price might come down a little with age. Does anyone know of a reputable company thet might sell this cheaper? crutchfield does for about $.01 less that pioneer. It's like $119.99. big deal. Not enough discount to draw me away from pioneer itself. I would rather just buy it from pioneer that way if I had a problem I can deal with them directly and they have no excuse like "sorry can't help you,call the people you bought it from"

I am in no way looking to hack, crack or steal the latest update CNSD-200FM.I would really like to get it but $120 is kind of steep for me at this time. I waited this long hoping the price might come down a little with age. Does anyone know of a reputable company thet might sell this cheaper? crutchfield does for about $.01 less that pioneer. It's like $119.99. big deal. Not enough discount to draw me away from pioneer itself. I would rather just buy it from pioneer that way if I had a problem I can deal with them directly and they have no excuse like "sorry can't help you,call the people you bought it from"

In all fairness to this guy, Pioneer DOES charge significantly more for these map updates than Garmin, Tom Tom, Magellan, etc. I posted about that in one or two other thread in these forums recently.

Pioneer: $120

Garmin: $80 (or $100 for lifetime in some cases for some units)

(UPDATE) Sony: FREE map updates for first year! See HERE.

Others: Similar....

• 2 months later...

Purchased the update and installed it a few days ago. Observations:

Overall, worthwhile purchase!

- HUGE improvement in touchscreen responsiveness. No longer as frustrating and much safer for driving!

- Now can transfer contacts from iPhone 4 via Bluetooth

- Many nice UI improvements

- 3D map includes landmarks so you see all the tall buildings in the area (or the Space Needle, etc.)

- Much better indication of freeway lane exits

For me, the touchscreen responsiveness was worth the $130.

Weird though, Pioneer shipped the two memory cards in a DVD-case, and the DVD-case in a huge box full of air paks.