AVIC411.com

Some music will not play from my ipod?

I have two albums that none of the songs play through my z110. They play just fine on the iPod but my z110 just skips right over them. It will display the song name, title, album picture, etc but all the songs skip. I looked at the format and it's the same as the others so I am stumped.

Thanks

My first guess would be I got them from mp3fiesta.com but I do not recall. I know I didn't pay for them via iTunes cuz iTunes can suck it. Is there a way I can tell if it's DRM protected? It's just odd they play on my ipod and iphone but not on z110

Are you sure about the MP3 format being the same as the ones that play? Bit-rate (8-320kbps), sample rate, compression - there are various MP3 compressions - such as mp3 PRO. ID3 tag version? And of course DRM flag.

Try copying the files to an SD card and playing them that way. If they play, then it must be the ipod. You may need to convert them - use something like Media Monkey. Not sure if iTunes can do it, I avoid it like the plague.

Highlight the file in the iTunes browser, go to advanced, and select Covert To iPod. Make sure you have the desired format chosen in the preferences first. However if the file is on your iPod it is already in an iPod compatible format or it wouldn't be on there in the first place.