AVIC411.com

**F900 missing rear usb cable**

Hi dara

The USB cable is integrated into the body, so it would be very difficult to replace without sending the unit to Pioneer, or opening up the unit and using a soldering iron. I'm very surprised that your unit is missing the cable, because:

(Please don't take the following in the wrong way...)

About 3 months ago my F900bt was stolen from my car in the UK (crowbar smash and grab) and during that the bu*gers cut the rear USB cable and left most of the wiring.

Most of the other cabling is readily available on well known internet auction sites, but not the USB cable.

I would very seriously question the folks you bought the unit from.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the replies,

Yes I did too question why it wasnt included as it is not plug and play so

he assured me it was removed to fix another of his units , which I do believe as he is

a recommended trusted seller of car radios.

Im not to bothered that it isnt in place as I havnt had any use for the connection as of yet but if

I came across a broken unit Il probably take it.

You could get in touch with Pioneer directly, or with someone who stocks spare parts. The part you need is: "Cord Assembly" CDE8561 (assuming part numbers are the same, regardless of region).

By the looks of things, the replacement should plug directly into the PCB, assuming you can get there!

Have a look at the service diagrams below:

http://www.pacparts.com/reference/950/AVICF900BT.pdf

Let us know if you have any luck!

• 2 weeks later...

@ali999: many thanks for that :)

ive made note of that , as ive no use yet for the usb I may leave it for a while although i do intend on getting one

in the future! Ive only gotten over the whole install saga and then hit with the dreaded reboot loop so my intrest

in tinkering with the unit has dropped a bit :lol:

Oh course if I do purchase it in the future il be sure to post a reply maybe with some pics and info to help others!

Thanks again :cool: