AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

speed(Km/h):distance(meters)

So in the line above, if you are traveling at 130 Km/h, you will be warned 1400meters (1.4 kilometers) in advance. Since distance field isn't changing, it will always warn at a same distance. Defult iGO behavior is to warn farther away if you are driving faster, and nearer if you are driving slower.

Got it! Thanks Boris.

Just wondering why Misterblue set the same distance for all speed ...

I guess I could just delete the line and the iGo default will be used. Right?

Maybe another question: what if the unit is set to miles/h?

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have observed this distance problem with speedcam, but since Abb doesn't seem to be working with this mod anymore, I didn't report it.

for the record, I am still working on this mod, but I have to be home to do it as that is where my files are. And Chuck, you did not observe this, as you were one of my testers and did NOT report it when testing it, as I would have had this fixed if it had been an issue. I will have an update coming Tup once I have everything that I want to include in the update. It is a pain uploading an update and then realizing that you should have added something else.

Sorry Abb, I observed it last weekend only, although I am still NOT sure about the exact number, I just got a feeling that the visual warning was shown ealier than before.

I will report if I have anything else.

I like the new myself...

Hey, I need peoples thoughts on the speedometer that I will put up in the update when it is complete. Do you like the old or the new? I changed the font and added the units (mph / kmh) behund the speed. Give me your thoughts!

[attachment=1]8c.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMG_0662.JPG[/attachment]

Thank you ABB for a great Mod. This was the first one I've tried on my F700 and I could not have been happier.

My only question, (I feel a little embarrased asking this..):

I would like to have the skyline in view while in 3D mode. I used the "tilt screen" option when I tap the screen, but the vehicle icon does not stay stationary. I thought I knew my unit pretty well, but for the life of me, i can't get my unit to look like your screenshots while I'm in motion. Can anyone help?

Thank you ADD for a great Mod. This was the first one I've tried on my F700 and I could not have been happier.

I would like to have the skyline in view while in 3D mode. I used the "tilt screen" option when I tap the screen, but the vehicle icon does not stay stationary. I thought I knew my unit pretty well, but for the life of me, i can't get my unit to look like your screenshots while I'm in motion. Can anyone help?

Go to 'Nav settings/Visual' and turn smart zoom to 'off', or if you want smart zoom (most people dont), then go to the smart zoom settings and move the last two 'tilt' sliders to '90', all the way to the right.

I found the following problem after five days traveling through the mountains. Elevations in 3d not work well. Poor resolution and pixel on all schemes

I have the following file and its location:

APL2> iGo> content> dem> WesternEurope.dem

It doesn't seem to have problem here in Canada though, although our standard on "poor resolution" may vary ... :P

Thank you ABB for a great Mod. This was the first one I've tried on my F700 and I could not have been happier.

It worked great. Thank you

One more thing if you don't mind....

At the same time I made the change to the 3D mode, I added an updated branding.zip file to my F700bt. Now I am getting a "ding-dong" sound while driving....at odd times. Does someone know what is causing this, and how I can prevent this sound from playing?

Thanks for all your hard work

Mark

Got it! Thanks Boris.

Just wondering why Misterblue set the same distance for all speed ...

I guess I could just delete the line and the iGo default will be used. Right?

Maybe another question: what if the unit is set to miles/h?

I _think_ it is always in metric, like nature intended :)

Deleting it should get you back to whatever defaults NavNGo put in.

I don't have a gfx folder and the one you have is too big for me to install. How do I do it or what can I

delete??

My GFX folder is about 130 mb. You will have to delete some maps and POI's that are not used. Also, delete the old GFX folder before you install mine