AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

thanks Abb for your reply.... but I cant delete what I dont have.. lol I dont have any GFX folder on my avic.....lol Ill get rid of most of the US states Ill never go.... where are the Maps located on the "my flash disk" and where would be the POI's I can delete so I have some room... also.. where do I put that Image.res file you have to get the main menu changed to your chrome theme....

PS this mod is awesome.. I was bored with Diatifa's(however you spell it lol) mod... this is like using a new unit all over again,,, just cant wait to get that GFX folder in so I can change some schemes,,,,

thanks again...

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

k I think I found where it is... the GFX folder that is... ITS IN THE DATA.zip right? if thats the one.. why didnt you put your stuff in there insted and make it a complete pakage.... Im wery of screwing around with the data.zip ON THE AVIC but if all you have to do is delete the one that is in YOUR data.zip file and install the one that you say to install(the new one) that seams to me easy...

and I found the maps and poi to delete too.... thanks again... but I still dont know where to put the image.res file though.... I bet it in the data.zip too right? lol

k I think I found where it is... the GFX folder that is... ITS IN THE DATA.zip right? if thats the one.. why didnt you put your stuff in there insted and make it a complete pakage.... Im wery of screwing around with the data.zip ON THE AVIC but if all you have to do is delete the one that is in YOUR data.zip file and install the one that you say to install(the new one) that seams to me easy...

and I found the maps and poi to delete too.... thanks again... but I still dont know where to put the image.res file though.... I bet it in the data.zip too right? lol

You got everything WRONG! Please read installation instructions and use the search bar to read up on installation. I don't want to see you brick your system

Well, I have asked to put up a UK/European version to accomodate their speed signs. I figure this is not to difficult as all that is required is a new bmp and a few script changes so here it is. The link will be on the first post

post-32106-12872762931561_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762932654_thumb.jpg

Well, I have asked to put up a UK/European version to accomodate their speed signs. I figure this is not to difficult as all that is required is a new bmp and a few script changes so here it is. The link will be on the first post

[attachment=1]IMG_0664.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMG_0663.JPG[/attachment]

Europe says to you thank you ABB1 :D

I did read.... you say to remove the GFX folder... before you install the new one... BUT I DONT HAVE A GFX folder to remove.... the only GFX folder that I already have IS in the DATA ZIP when I go in it... not the apl2/igo folder...(the data.zip is in that folder though) dont know why you guys get so hostile... just asking.. thought I explained it clearly enough.. for now I just installed everything except for the GFX folder and the schemes and the Image.res.... It works fine... all is ok... 3dcars look nice... its like having a whole new AVIC... just would like to get the new schemes..

I just looked again on the AVIC this time(I was using a backup of my flash disk 3.0 that I have on my PC before) and NOWHERE do I have a GFX folder to remove in the....my flash disk/apl2/igo. section. I do have one (gfx folder)IF I actually go IN the data.zip that is in the my flash disk/apl2/igo section on the AVIC and the insides of that folder look alot like yours... maybe my AVIC is all fucked up? anyways.. it works well right now..... I deleted the most of the west coast of the US maps along with the corresponding POIs and I have more than enough room now... you guys get what I am trying to explain? I have a hard time putting my thoughts to type... lol

I did read.... you say to remove the GFX folder... before you install the new one... BUT I DONT HAVE A GFX folder to remove.... the only GFX folder that I already have IS in the DATA ZIP when I go in it... not the apl2/igo folder...(the data.zip is in that folder though) dont know why you guys get so hostile... just asking.. thought I explained it clearly enough.. for now I just installed everything except for the GFX folder and the schemes and the Image.res.... It works fine... all is ok... 3dcars look nice... its like having a whole new AVIC... just would like to get the new schemes..

If there is no GFX folder in your 'APL2/iGo' folder, then that is no big deal, just add mine in there. My GFX folder goes in 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo', not in the Data.zip. there is a GFX folder in there but but is different and has a different purposer

I don't think that we are hostile in any way, and please don't take it that way. Many people don't really read, instead they ask question, in your case, the image.res thing is explained so many times in so many places in this forum ...

If you are still searching, instructions for the new GFX folder is here (copied from post 1), but it is big though. If you don't have an existing folder, that is OK (nothing to delete):

NEW SCHEMES - Instructions

-Install my GFX folder (after it has been extracted) to 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO' folder. Afterwards it should look like this:

'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/GFX'

-Install my schemes into 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/CONTENT/SCHEMES' folder. Once it is installed, you should be able to open up the CONTENT folder and see all my schemes along with 'Pioneer_blue_day.zip' scheme

*YOU NEED MY GFX FOLDER FOR THE SCHEMES TO WORK

**If this is too complicated for you, DO NOT TRY THIS!

*To install the NEW GFX folder, delete the present one first and then add the new one! THIS IS A MUST!

Good lucks.